Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fantasy/Sci Fi 28mm ant renders  (Read 1114 times)

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
Fantasy/Sci Fi 28mm ant renders
« on: February 01, 2020, 07:50:29 AM »
A future project rgdgaming is venturing into, set to commence after completion of faun kickstarter delivery :). Some early renders and shots of what's to come.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
Re: Fantasy/Sci Fi 28mm ant renders
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 11:55:28 AM »
 :-* :-* I would buy a whole nest of those! Really hope they make it to physical models. Keep us updated please  :o ;D

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »
I love these! Early renders look really cool, so far.

It would be awesome if the box included bodies in different sizes to represent different castes, and maybe different head styles (either different castes or different species?).

Anyways, I love them and will definitely buy some either way!

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 08:17:00 PM »
I'm not the target market, but the hands and fingers look cartoony to me. I think they should look less like sausages, and more like skeleton/corpse hands (boney). But maybe Saturday morning cartoon is the vibe here?

I hope you consider alternate arms and heads to make alien swarm type bugs that could be useful in a starship troopers type setting.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 11:19:30 PM »
Love the khopesh, but less keen on the shield. Maybe a more organic shape, another insect carapace used as a shield. Would be nice to have more castes. But I'm happy with generic ants.

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »
I'm not the target market, but the hands and fingers look cartoony to me. I think they should look less like sausages, and more like skeleton/corpse hands (boney). But maybe Saturday morning cartoon is the vibe here?

I missed the fingers the first time, but agree that they look odd for an ant. The trouble with the hands as-is is that they imply an endoskeleton, whereas the rest of the model clearly has an exoskeleton. I would opt for segmented hands, just like the rest of the body.

Love the khopesh, but less keen on the shield. Maybe a more organic shape, another insect carapace used as a shield.

Beetle elytra would be fitting and cool!