Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:54:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New SYW era rules - Twilight of the Soldier Kings  (Read 2197 times)

Offline WFGamers

• Librarian
New SYW era rules - Twilight of the Soldier Kings
« on: February 09, 2020, 12:21:17 PM »
I am delighted to say that the SYW era rules in the Twilight series of rules are now available. These are called 'Twilight of the Soldier Kings'. They are for fighting large battles with full historic armies with a reasonable amount of resources.
These can be purchased here -https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/catalogue

Further details about the rules are on the above site.

Unfortunately, there is a slight delay on the first scenario book but we are hoping that will be available in around 10 days. If you intend purchasing both you may want to consider waiting to purchase until then and save on postage.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:28:57 PM by WFGamers »

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
Re: New SYW era rules - Twilight of the Soldier Kings
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 10:53:37 AM »
I've not come across these rules before, but having watched the videos I think they might be better suited for the periods we play than our current rules which are Black Powder and Pike & Shotte. They seem pretty straightforward, the videos are a great idea, I wish other rules would put up websites with explanatory videos on them, it would save a lot of head-scratching.

Offline WFGamers

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:35:49 AM »
Thanks Volleyfire!

We are preparing more videos so hopefully they will also help.

Offline Old Contemptible

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 08:22:41 PM »
Looks good and I will check out the videos. But referring to the above link for more information did not have more information. I am probably missing something. This is very much an American type question, are these rules battalion or brigade level? The smallest unit of maneuver.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Offline WFGamers

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:36:39 PM »
Old Contemptible: The link above was to buy the rules, there is some more info here -https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/home

The units are brigades and you fight with a full historical army generally. A standard infantry brigade represents circa 2500 real men.

The videos referred to are for earlier rules in the series but will give you a general idea about how the rules work generally.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 08:40:04 PM by WFGamers »