Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pike & Shotte/Swedish Salvo  (Read 1681 times)

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
Pike & Shotte/Swedish Salvo
« on: February 11, 2020, 05:30:21 PM »
P&S rules querry:  Do the charging swedish musketeers fire using the Swedish Salvo rule before or after the defenders fire using clsoing fire?

Thanks.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Pike & Shotte/Swedish Salvo
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »
I have the To Kill a King supplement and the impression I get fro m reading the rule (just called 'Salvo' so may be different to 'Swedish Salvo' from the TYW supplement) is that is is performed in the shooting phase and not done as part of a Charge.

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 07:46:00 PM »
I don’t have To kiill a king, but the Swedish Salas rule allows the Swedish musketeers to “fire when charging.”

So paint strict attention to the turn phase the defenders closing fire is after the chargers have moved. So this to me means that since the salvo fire is part of the charge move the salvo comes before the closing fire.

Not sure on this. Just best guess. But if the salvo fire is before defensive closing fire, it seems like the charges should either have a movement penalty (1/2 move if they fire in the charge), or a minus one to hit for shooting while moving/charging.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 12:29:36 AM »
I would conduct them both at the same time: closing fire happens when a unit is charged/ Swedish Salvo happens when a unit charges. Pike and Shotte is not a rules lawyer type game and that would seem to me to be the best/fairest way to handle it.