Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686617
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conflix Buildings for ECW  (Read 4085 times)

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
Conflix Buildings for ECW
« on: February 14, 2020, 09:16:33 PM »
I'm adding to my ECW buildings and was looking at Conflix.  Does anyone know if they are on the larger or smaller side.  My current buildings are Hudson and Allen which are on the smaller side and I would like for them to match up.

Thanks

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Conflix Buildings for ECW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 09:22:28 AM »
I'm adding to my ECW buildings and was looking at Conflix.  Does anyone know if they are on the larger or smaller side.  My current buildings are Hudson and Allen which are on the smaller side and I would like for them to match up.

Thanks

Hudson and Allan are much less cartoony then Conflix IMHO.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 09:39:37 AM »
rampantlion,

I think there's at least a couple of different lines of "Conflix" buildings, but I think you're referring to the ones I use for Medieval purposes.  I also have a Hudson & Allen Castle, and have used these Conflix buildings in siege games featuring that castle.  The Conflix models are a bit larger scale, but not enough to prevent me from using them together.  However, it may be easier for my mind's eye to blend the slightly smaller scale castle with slightly larger scale buildings, or vice-versa, as opposed to if it was just buildings side-by-side.

Here's some pics which I hope will be at least slightly helpful:

EDIT: I agree with Atheling -- who posted while I was taking those pics -- that Conflix are more cartoony/stylized.  But same as re: the difference in scale, to me the difference in style is not extreme enough to prevent me from using them in the same game, at least from time to time!
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »
Thank you both for the replies!  The scale does seem close enough to work.  I do see what you mean with the sculpting design differences though.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 06:26:22 PM »
Thank you both for the replies!  The scale does seem close enough to work.  I do see what you mean with the sculpting design differences though.

No probs. Mt personal advice would be, if you can buy the Hudson and Allan buildings over the conflix ones then I would do so. All mpersonal choiceCredit for these pics and the former must go to Joe Dever, Phil Steele and Ray. without the generosity of these gents I wouldn't have anything to show for our efforts and this blog would be a less happy place. Lesson learnt- always check your camera for the battery before you leaqve for a show!

Thanks again guys,

Darrell.

No probs  8)

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 07:10:28 PM »
Thanks Darrell.  I do own about every castle piece that Hudson and Allen make as well as the fortified medieval farm and about 10 other free standing buildings.  I did order the late medieval village building #3 a couple of days ago as well.  I like their products a lot.  The small size keeps them from overwhelming the table space.

Allen

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »
Thanks Darrell.  I do own about every castle piece that Hudson and Allen make as well as the fortified medieval farm and about 10 other free standing buildings.  I did order the late medieval village building #3 a couple of days ago as well.  I like their products a lot.  The small size keeps them from overwhelming the table space.

Allen

Ah, i didn't realise  lol

They are great and seem to fit perfectly with 'modern' 28mm miniatures. The H&A sculpts were Ian Weekley models originally me thinks?

Scrubber

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 12:27:33 AM »
They are on the small side for 28mm. We have most of them, will dig out tomorrow and take some pics for you.

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 02:21:50 AM »
Thank you!

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 11:46:00 PM »
The Hudson and Allen piece is very nicely painted.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 01:18:01 AM »
Thank you, wymers!  I have an entire Hudson & Allen castle painted to match that "Great Hall" piece.  I think it's my best painted commercially available terrain piece.  I'm also a big fan of the Hudson & Allen range, despite the fact that they are on the smallish size, and own all their castle parts.