Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:52:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spectre Operations - "The Division" themed miniatures and gaming table.  (Read 5269 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Spectre Operations - "The Division" themed miniatures and gaming table.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 09:40:11 AM »
That was a pretty lucky find.   :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline DanielB

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 10:05:04 AM »
My wallet would disagree with you.  lol

On that subject, here's a few more of the miniatures I've been working on:

12 more Hyena gang members:

And a group shot of the full Hyena force so far:

At the opposite end of the spectrum, here are the Black Tusk Special Unit (BTSU) - a special operations team and the best of the best from the Black Tusk PMC. In game terms, they are Elite tier infantry, whereas the rest of the Black Tusk PMC will be Professional tier. These guys will be fielded either as a unit, or broken down and used as leader characters for 'regular' Black Tusk infantry.

There are two named characters in the force. Front and centre is Bardon Schaeffer, the 2IC of the Black Tusk. On the left of Schaeffer is Petrus Brenner, a dedicated marksman and the BTSU officer in charge of securing the Pentagon and DARPA labs for the PMC's mysterious benefactors.

More BTSU characters will be added as I go. I've currently got Milla Radek, call sign "Wyvern", on the painting table almost complete. She is the BTSU leader of the Tidal Basin garrison in Washington DC.

BTSU:

Brenner:

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 11:04:35 AM »
Some nice looking figs, I like what you have done with Hyena gang min. Taking figs from the different militia lines, and combining them into a whole. Giving me some ideas for figs that I have ignored so far.

Offline DanielB

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2020, 12:49:25 PM »
The range is great for mixing and matching. The african militia, cartel and criminal element ranges are fantastic models. I'm hoping they expand the MENA regular range somewhere down the line, as they work great for a generic UN nation military police force.

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 02:45:05 PM »
Those are really great- was a big fan of the PC game.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 02:57:11 PM »
Cool project. I like the setting, if not the PC game itself. Great idea on including the Sherman.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline commanderkaiser

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 10:48:18 PM »
Really cool project, I must admit I'm a bit of a fan of both Division games so love what you've done.

Offline DanielB

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 07:43:01 AM »
Thanks guys. I wanted to do a little something different from the "normal" middle eastern conflict, so I opted for something I'm a bit more knowledgeable on. :D

To keep the ball rolling, I've been working on some Cleaners - NYC sanitation workers who have banded behind one Joseph Ferro, a bit of a conspiracy nut who was finally right when the Dollar Flu hit - though not for any conspiracy he'd ever imagined! His wife was one of the early victims of the virus, and now he seeks to 'save the world' by eradicating it by whatever means necessary. In his eyes, he's the hero, and building a future for his niece is his primary motivator. He leads the Cleaners with a fanatical will, almost like a demagogue, driving them to use fire to burn out the infection - and any living thing they believe to be infected.

In miniatures terms, I used a bunch of parts from Anvil Industry kits to knock together a Ferro model based on the in game character and concept art: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_Oyt3ebyUdI/maxresdefault.jpg

The photos are a little cruel, and I've already spotted a few bits that need touching up. I fully built the model before painting - which was a mistake. I'm making a similar figure to act as one of Ferro's henchmen - Kosinski - and I'll certainly be learning from that mistake this time! :D

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »
Great back story for that guy.  lol

Offline Saxonhalfling1

• Assistant
look ther work

Offline DanielB

• Assistant
Thanks guys :)

I wanted to make Joe Ferro something more than just a regular Spectre miniature with standard rulebook equipment, so I figured I'd try and make him a little unique. I'll have to playtest him to ensure he's not too overpowered, but I think he'll be fine.

So here's what I came up with for him:

Joe Ferro - Cleaner commander.

CD 4
AG 3
SG 4
DC 3
ME 3

Weapons: Cleaner Incinerator, Close Combat Weapon, 3x Molotov Cocktail
Equipment: Heavy Body Armour, Respirator, Cleaner Improvised Armour

Cleaner Incinerator: Using a particularly volatile mix of oil and chemicals, the Cleaner Incinerator is a super-charged flamethrower. It follows all the rules for Flamethrowers, however it has a RI of 12". However, if the fuel tank is ruptured, the resulting explosion uses the larger, 4" template.

Cleaner Improvised Armour: Cleaners are known to bolt extra metal plates onto their body armour, and adorn their gear with bags, satchels and toolboxes filled with scrap metal to form a crude form of protection from incoming fire. Cleaner Improvised Armour allows the wearer to re-roll any roll of a 1 on a DC test.

To go along with the extra rules, here's some extra pictures of the miniature, this time in better lighting:

Offline DanielB

• Assistant
One last photo of the Joe Ferro model, which will lead into the next model I've been painting...

The next model being a Division agent based on my own in-game character. :)

I took a Spectre mini, and added a new backpack with a Dark Zone contaminated loot bag and a ballistic mask attached, an ISAC node, arm patch, SHD ID band, agent watch, and a shotgun sheath with a baseball bat stowed in it, all from green stuff.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:38:04 AM by DanielB »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Nice!

Offline DanielB

• Assistant
Thanks Moody, I'm really pleased with how it came out. :)

Here's some shots of the hostages from the earlier picture:

And some group shots of the Cleaners force I've been working on:

Offline madman

• Scientist
Glad you are back on this. I have been following it from the start and I agree it is good to see something other than SEALs vs Muslim baddies of various locals. That is why I have been looking into some French centric works lately. Another "post apoc" setting I would like to pursue is some of the factions in Morrow Project, but as unit battles as opposed to RPGing.