Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Various 15mm for the French and Indian War  (Read 885 times)

Offline OB

• Mastermind
Various 15mm for the French and Indian War
« on: February 19, 2020, 12:29:03 PM »
I've been putting together the various bits and pieces I have for the French and Indian War.  The figures are pretty much compatible with each other to my eye which is good.  I took some pics and put them on my blog.  If you are considering doing this period in 15mm they may be of interest.  I've based everything for Rebels and Patriots or Muskets and Tomahawks.

Here are some Irregular Miniatures canoes.  The rest can be seen at.

https://youdonotknowthenorth.blogspot.com.

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
Re: Various 15mm for the French and Indian War
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 01:33:11 PM »
I started collecting 15mm once but only Blue Moon but went to 28mm scale.
Mark
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:52:02 PM by marco55 »

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 09:18:15 PM »
I do have these figures from Hagen Miniatures in Germany.I think they are great figures.They are 1/72 scale.
Mark

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:58:40 AM »
OB, nice group of 15 mm FIW you have on display.  I'd post up a goodly portion of my 15 mm FIW but it might cause you a bad case of figure envy.  Way more than a thousand painted already with more to come - though not to buy!  I figure I'll end up with around 1,800 figures not counting all the boat crews.  Mostly infantry but a small bit of cavalry, a bunch of canoes (with a different take on the colors of the canoes), pioneers, lots of civilians and native villagers, heck, even a few bateux with crews.  And a fort or two and some buildings and an Iroquois/Huron long house style village.

I recommend you stay strong and don't over indulge to the extent I have - but I think I've given you that warning somewhere else here on LAF if memory serves (doesn't always!).  lol

Keep up the good work in the Great and Grand Proper Wargaming Scale!   :o

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 09:53:02 AM »
Thanks.  Yes, you have alerted me to the danger before.  Alas I fear I'm already lost.  I've just ordered a bunch more Matchlock including cavalry!  Bateux you say..

I've a long house dilemma.  I want the ones from Ascherson Creations but I'll take a big hit on postage.  I could get the Blue Moon ones but I'll have to wait maybe a couple of months.  The cost is the same.

I've never really wavered from the GAGPWS though I nearly did with the Greek War of Independence.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 02:04:55 PM »
My bateux are converted from small scale wooden sailing ships where I remove two of the three masts and added a few crew - still need to add some removable cargo.  I believe there are six of them in the collection.  Canoes by the score.  And I have some ships for my pirates I can use, too, say if I want to do the Louisbourg landings.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 10:19:32 AM »
Yes, doing Louisbourg would be good too and I can think of lots of uses for bateux.  I bought a water mill that I think will look good on the table top as part of my settlement.  Got the civilians finished too.