Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Bot War April 20th  (Read 996 times)

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
[KICKSTARTER] Bot War April 20th
« on: April 14, 2020, 01:03:30 PM »

BOT WAR Kickstarter is LIVE now! If you like robots, cartoons, 6-10mm sci-fi wargaming, or 80s catoons, then please help it reach 200 or even 500 backers!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/botwarminiaturegame/bot-war-miniature-game/description

Bot War is a table top game that is a sort of amalgamated love letter to those obnoxious but lovable 80s toy commercial cartoons so it is naturally set in an alternate history cartoonish version of 1985!

You can find out more about the Bot War game, and miniatures line on the Trader's Galaxy web site.

https://tradersgalaxy.com.au/

or on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/312126222670983/?ref=group_header

Bot War was created in a garage by Anthony Mallet who started out with a washing machine converted into a pewter spin caster. In three short years he has produced a fairly extensive line of 8mm scaled robots, monsters, vehicles and troops along with some space cops, snake people, space dwarfs, and space orangutans. Now he is branching out into resin and renovating his game and designs.

To help him with this he has decided to launch a limited Kickstarter for a new Bot War Starter set featuring all new sculpts, and a new rule book!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/botwarminiaturegame/bot-war-miniature-game?fbclid=IwAR0ZUK5wMI1_5iR3k43Nh2p9-gCv_BLKP3VPkB673vETk3wiXZbo2dZfbzM

The Kickstarter will only have a maximum of 500 backers to help Anthony keep the project manageable, and he is reliably shipping out stock now, with about 80% of his customers in the USA and have a few specialty hobby/gaming stores stocking his product. He will consider the project FUNDED at 200 backers, but he adds new models to the pledge as stretch goals as the backer number approaches the limit of 500. The first 200 pledge only will get a special mercenary bot called Cadmia.

The Kickstarter will collect money in Australian dollars. The plan for the target price is for the AUS equivalent of about $150 USD + shipping. He expects to only have one pledge per backer with no add ons or extras, just one product and stretch goals as more people pledge until 500 pledges is reached.

The Starter Box and stretch goal figures are expected to ship late in 2020 and most are already sculpted! They will be produced in resin.
I am not affiliated with Anthony but I do buy his stuff and like ti quite a lot though so far most of the stuff I have bought from him was pewter barring larger figures like Leviathan, Destroyer, and the Infestor Queen which were resin and very nice to build.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:55:09 PM by palaeomerus »

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Bot War April 20th
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 01:14:01 PM »
To see renders, actual resins of his Beast Lords minis, and painted examples of his Bot Wars metal minis please check out his web store and the Facebook group.

Anthony is also about to release a resin version of his current Starter Box(the metal version is now sold out) by later in April which he is assembling and preparing for stock now. This starter set is NOT the same as the one being Kickstarted though it contains models from the same two major factions, the Valiants and the Atlanticans. The Kickstarter is a sort of 3rd edition for Bot War with the current Starter box being the 2nd edition starter only in resin instead of metal.

Mods/Admins, if I did anything wrong with this Kickstarter announcement let me know and I'll fix it or take it down per your instructions. If anyone is interested I will ask Anthony Mallet over here to take over the thread.

The Starter Box Set, Now In Resin, Comes with Everything You See here But Paint, Glue, And Contrasty Matte
 Photo Backdrop. Atlantican Bots vs. Valiants!
Democracy Air Power!Trashers Fight to Make Up For Past Mistakes!
City Street Playmat Is Sold Separately! Dice And Energy Cube Tokens.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:09:34 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 01:15:57 PM »
These pictures are Anthony's BTW taken from the Bot Wars facebook group where he announced the KS. I am just trying to build a little awareness and hopefully interest before it goes live.

Infestor Swarm Mob
King Gill's C.R.A.B. Mech
The Great Infestor Queen
Three Valiants Ready For Anything!
The Democracy's Finest Troops!
The Leviathan: A Fragment of the Rage of a Dread Atlantican Deity
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:03:13 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 12:26:00 AM »
Must have missed this before but just perusing the website and the models look very good. A tempting idea.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 01:28:23 AM »
In One Sense You Might Say Overlord Gorg Is In the Seafood Business and In Another He Owns A Sports Team. He's on Earth doing some Talent Scouting, and Looking To Forge a Sort of Informal Working Relationship With the Red Star Nations to Help Him Test His Products.
Behold! Gorg!

A little preview of Overlords to come:
SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATOR! AFTER WHILE CROCODILE! And did someone order Calamari? I mean a LOT of calamari? Maybe TOO MUCH Calamari?

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 01:46:36 AM »
Coming Soon:

The red Star Nations. Yeah, you know who. 1985 Yo.

Some Say the Red Star Nations have technologically fallen beHIND the times.
Well the Red Star can go anywhere.
They have high tech! They have the manpower. Some may consider them military dinosaurs

let them say such thing! Come this May, if they wish, then they can find out what the Red Star is like for themselves!

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 10:54:12 AM »
Looks great. Might have to get in on this one.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 08:23:12 AM »
Red star models are in, and here they are in the nude.