Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 8
Guests: 500
Total: 508

Recent

Author Topic: Target for Tonight - Mannheim Ludwigshaven  (Read 2119 times)

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Target for Tonight - Mannheim Ludwigshaven
« on: February 26, 2020, 05:07:37 PM »
Last weekend at the Devon Wargames Group a few of the chaps got together to play the sixth game in our eight game campaign recreating the first large scale raids conducted during the Battle of Berlin in late 1943.

With the campaign delicately balanced between a draw and a British victory a good bombing result with few casualties was what was required.

If you would like to see how things turned out then just follow the link to JJ's where you can read about this game and the others already played to see what has happened.

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2020/02/target-for-tonight-op-six-mannheim.html

JJ
Often it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all possible doubt.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Target for Tonight - Mannheim Ludwigshaven
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 10:22:34 PM »
Another great game account, the neat maps and tables are a bit different than when we first played the test games at PAW all those years ago!

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 10:23:21 PM »
Great AAR
Which rules are you using for the whole shebang?

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 06:48:36 AM »
Hi Chaps,
thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the read.

Yes things have moved on a bit since PAW. The rules have been jazzed up with a reprint which has helped raise interest in using them.

There is a Facebook Group, where others have put together mods for nightfighters and other ideas.

The campaign rules and target maps are my own concoction making use of ideas from board gaming.

The campaign is a play test to make sure that with all that and the different aircraft added in, it still plays well and gives an interesting game with the background of a campaign.

Once done I will publish what I have, including the Cyberboard module that I use to help run it.

JJ

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 07:47:38 AM »
I must admit, I’m becoming quite interested in TfT. I had a great uncle who was a navigator in Halifaxes and did fifty plus trips before bailing out over Germany and spending the rest of his war in a Stalag.

My grandfather, who was a pilot in fighter command, used to refer to his elder brother as one of the flying arseholes. Pre 1942, navigators wore a winged ‘O’ as their particular distinction thus giving rise to the term.

The rules look really interesting, must try and get hold of them. I now regret not having picked up a swag of the 1/300 ish Corgi Lancasters that were on sale in toy shops here a few years back. Thanks for the inspiration.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo