Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Concept sketches from My Note Books (updated 31/03)  (Read 4902 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Concept sketches from My Note Books (updated 31/03)
« on: February 29, 2020, 10:07:05 AM »
I use sketches as a way to note both an idea and models I've to build.I find it helpful as a tool to break down an object into parts that need to be built.As you draw a quick representation of the item you immediately only draw the parts you actually need to go ' Ah it's a lorry'  .You don't need to get lost in detail.Until its 3D or you make a quick note on the sketch .The sketches just let you know for a lorry you only need four wheels ,a body ,a tarpaulin if you feeling clever.It sounds an over simplification. But its not we get overly concerned with the smallest details.For a lorry people start to worry about building chassis and cabs and so on.
Sketching soon lets you know you don't need a chassis as its not really something you see.If you don't see it you don't need it.

That's sort of roughly why I use sketches and would reccomend to people to try it it's not about how many thumbs you have it's .Your not drawing plans of project it's just a tool to help you minimize the risk of a project painting you into a corner .

Why a thread on it ? I've posted a couple of sketches on other thread as ways of quickly showing ideas. A Few people have asked to see more .It never occurred to me people would as they are simply just an every day work tool to me .
Once I said I would put more on the forum I found I was 71 photos in just merrily clicking away page after page. So enoughs, enough.
Here's a few and if it's something you'd like to see more of I've plenty of photographs lol
Or it would be much more interesting if you add some of your own ideas and planning methods
Mark.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:01:07 AM by tin shed gamer »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
A few more.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
And a final round for now.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Cheers for posting these, it's something I should maybe try when starting something, instead of the usual have an idea and wing it along the way.  :D
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
The concept drawing for the British Walker and the actual model for it look amazing.
It’s always amazing to see how someone’s initial sketches and ideas actually makes it to a finished article.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Thanks for posting. Fascinating stuff. I would be happy with either
doing the 'doodles' OR making the models (if they were kits).
Tick V.G. young man.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Cheers Chaps,
Here's a couple more that are kits ;)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
A few Dark Age,and Marsh themed concepts.

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Great stuff  :o

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
Talent. Love it

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Awesome!

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Wowzers! I think that I would like the sketches as much as the very nice final products!
Lon
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Thank you Mark for sharing some of your wonderful work of arts from conceptional thoughts and some coming to fruition.

Best wishes,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
you are an artist and put most of us to shame with your skills
keep up the good work thanks

Offline rct75001

• Assistant
Thank you for sharing those - it is wonderful to see the process.

BTW - we need the War Elephant cart :)

Richard
http://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com/

And she said to me "You haven't bought more little men have you ?"