Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:58:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690904
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Egyptian miniatures in 28mm  (Read 1662 times)

Offline nickelkers

• Assistant
Egyptian miniatures in 28mm
« on: April 16, 2020, 12:56:36 AM »
Hi all,

I have long been a a lover of the ancient world and despite a particular interest in egypt, I have never brought them to the tabletop.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any semi-heroic egyptian figures in 28mm. I'd love to find something that is not quite as fantastical as wargods of aegyptus, but not quite as dull as the strictly historical sets that have no details but a small amount of cloth about their waists. I have a few macedonian successors and some phoenecian troops but i am trying to find something that suits my intentions that has a particularly egyptian bent.

I have been encouraged to see some fantastic sculpts coming out in similar veins; Footsore have great sculpts for the Kushite kingdoms in Mortal Gods, Victrix plastic numidians are fantastic and Lucid Eye have recently released a Pharoh to accompany their great Sea Peoples sculpts, and I want to know what out there that I have been missing.

Many thanks!

Nick

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: Egyptian miniatures in 28mm
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 01:50:06 AM »
Dark Fable ran an Egyptian Kickstarter campaign a while back, looks like they are up for general sale:

https://www.darkfableminiatures.com/store/c5/Ancient_Egypt.html
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 05:45:53 AM »
Even in 10mm, my Gyppies also have distinctive stripy headcloths, shields, and bronze weapons. What more do you want in your rank and file? And the chariots are a lot more ornate.
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 06:13:38 AM »
Hi, I would really recommend you look at the Wargames Foundry range plus that sole by Warlord Games. These certainly aren't guys with just a loincloth.....unless they are "Old Kingdom". Both  "New Kingdom" ranges have superb, well detailed sculpts and go well together .The Foundry range includes civilians and casualties. Both ranges are pretty comprehensive with chariots, close-order infantry, skirmishers and enemies/mercenaries such as Sea Peoples, Kushites and Libyans.

Well worth a look.     

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 10:35:53 AM »
The Foundry range is superb - little works of art by the Perry twins. I bought mine back when Foundry still sold figures individually. They include Ramses in his chariot with sandal-bearer and tame lion, and some lovely little vignettes of noble households, necropolis guard with baboon on leash, priests etc.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
    • Edinburgh Miniature Company
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »
I'm actually prepping some armatures at the moment for this, It's unlikely the minis will be available until later in the year however.

They'll join my existing mythology range in style and tone:

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 01:30:52 PM »
I second the Foundry range. Lovely figures and I wish I had bought more instead of going deep into BTD.
I also have a lot of the Dark Fable stuff and it is superb! Some lovely characters.

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 03:55:40 PM »
I'm actually prepping some armatures at the moment for this, It's unlikely the minis will be available until later in the year however.

That is a beautiful line of minis !! True maybe more inclined to fantasy ancients but they look great !!!

Eager to see what you drop next !!

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 06:10:12 AM »
Dark Fable ran an Egyptian Kickstarter campaign a while back, looks like they are up for general sale:

https://www.darkfableminiatures.com/store/c5/Ancient_Egypt.html

I backed a Dark Fable Kickstarter a while ago and can voucher for the characterfulness of the miniatures that might suit your semi-historical needs.

They have a good range or royal guards, harem guards and Nubian guards in different uniforms as well as a heap of royal/court personality figures champions, tomb robbers and suchlike.  there are also a good range of skeletons and Egyptian mystical beasties as well as other (actual) Egyptian animals. I think their latest release was a a small range of Ptolemaic infantry in faux-Roman getup.

Dark Fable use different sculptors so there are a number of styles in the range. All are of very good quality and Mike, the chap who runs it all, is very good to deal with.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:51:02 AM by Muzfish4 »

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 02:52:33 AM »

Now this sounds interesting!  :-*

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 10:36:28 AM »
If you want 'realism' and lovely proportions then the Foundry range is head and shoulders above the rest IMHO.