Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690733
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KS] Fantasy Village Folk  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
[KS] Fantasy Village Folk
« on: March 07, 2020, 02:31:51 PM »

I have been playing miniatures and role playing games for over 40 years now. I love to immerse myself in the detail of the worlds that are created on the tabletop. The detail is important, to make the world real to provide a backdrop to your armies sweeping conquest or to populate the taverns and townscapes your heroes adventure in.

I was amazed a year ago to see Evocatus’ project on Kickstarter to digitally sculpt the most animated and believable villagers that I had ever seen. I immediately feel in love with the range, but did not have a high end resin 3D printer.

I thought, I bet there are a lot of other gamers like me who would love these miniatures but have not got a resin printer, or would just prefer packs of the miniatures, cast in metal, delivered ready to paint so I contacted the sculptor and agreed a collaboration to mould and cast this lovely range.  Last weekend, I finished painting the last miniature from the initial eleven sets, took some photos so we are almost ready to make these available through Kickstarter.

In the mean time their are lots more photos of the miniatures in a photo gallery @ http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Medieval-Fantasy-Villagers
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: [KS] Fantasy Village Folk
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 03:37:21 PM »
Some nice miniatures amongst those, particularly the laundry scene. Hopefully you will include a "pick & mix" pledge for individual figures.

Fantasy civilians for tabletop and RPG are certainly a popular subject these days, there have been 6 or 7 Kickstarter campaigns dedicated to them in the past year

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 03:41:51 PM »
Love this, I hate my DnD taverns where ever figure is just standing around.  I like that there are sitting figures and other daily actions.  It makes the scene seem more real.  I feel that any game could use NPC characters who are doing something other than standing.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 04:03:21 PM »
I'll be going in on this one I think. Nice figures.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 08:51:34 AM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:56:11 AM by Chris Abbey »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 10:54:23 AM »
Hopefully you will include a "pick & mix" pledge for individual figures.

Guess not then, that's me out. 
With all the other options for civilians plenty of choices to get the figures you want not pre-selected packs.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 06:51:31 PM »
Well that's an instant back from me, village and peasantry figures are something I can't get enough of

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 12:14:56 PM »
Just a quick update to let you know that project was funded and first free stretch goal added during first 24 hours, so looking forward to getting a few more extra free pieces added to the mix over the next 11 days.

Online ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 03:05:18 PM »
Love this, I hate my DnD taverns where ever figure is just standing around.  I like that there are sitting figures and other daily actions.  It makes the scene seem more real.  I feel that any game could use NPC characters who are doing something other than standing.

Good grief, yes! The last sitting tavern figures I could find were Johnny Lauck's, and he's retired. Also, I'm seeing tavern patrons fighting *unarmed*. Practically every generic fantasy figure has a *bleeping* weapon. Tavern brawls should have fists, not two-handed swords! And I see gambling as well. We have entire boardgames centered around gambling in a tavern, yet I can't find such miniatures. Here we have a KS that has all three for a decent price.

The exorcist set looks pretty interesting. While the theme is pretty specific, I think the individual miniatures can be used as NPCs and "scenery" in a variety of spooky situations...

Oh, and it's only nine pounds away from the next SG. Sheep and barrel for everyone! Then it's off to get a nice dog. Good boy!
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 12:11:25 PM »
Here's a look at some of the packs of medieval / fantasy miniatures that work well in a Tavern.

The Village Folk Kickstarter is doing well, just approaching 2nd  free miniatures stretch goal. Sally 4th will be at Hammerhead tomorrow (Saturday), we will have all of the miniatures in our display case, so if you are at the show, do come and have a look, or check them out on Kckstarter @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackstone/blackstone-heath-the-village-folk-part-1

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
Will be at Hammerhead tomorrow so hope to see them then  :)

Online ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 04:34:39 AM »
Will be at Hammerhead tomorrow so hope to see them then  :)

Those drunk brawlers would be great in a generic fantasy version of Akula's Zombie rules.

Akula's rules : https://miniaturewargaming.com/?s=akula

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 09:32:56 AM »
Here's a look at the 'Milking Parlour' set.

This would fit into a broad range of historical periods from the Dark Ages / Early Medieval through to the nineteenth century as well as fantasy settings. The set contains to large cows, one standing being milked and another laying down together with women milking, man with piglet, child with pail and a cat! Full details on Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackstone/blackstone-heath-the-village-folk-part-1

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 05:36:35 PM »

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 11:35:16 AM »
We are into the last 48 hours of the Blackstone Heath Village Folk kickstarter campaign. There are ten packs of detailed and animated villager miniatures that would suit many historical periods as well as swords and scorcery style fantasy worlds. So far far campaign backers can get six free miniatures, but this number is likely to go up over the weekend. If you've not seen them yet, take a look via the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackstone/blackstone-heath-the-village-folk-part-1