Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686457
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A New Space Dwarf Army.  (Read 35508 times)

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
Re: A New Space Dwarf Army.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 10:10:31 PM »
Lovely models once again.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2020, 09:05:10 AM »
Cheers :) . Here's the first of the special weapons finished... just three more to go now...

Chem-Burnner - A flamer weapon that uses chemical reaction of mixed elements, rather than needing a pilot light to ignite fuel. Two chemicals are loaded into separate tanks and pumped forward into a combining nozzle which ejects the mixture before it reacts and bursts into streams of liquid flame. The weapon tends to be quite long in order to reduce the risk of burning the operator. The weapon counts as a standard flamer in all respects.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2020, 10:53:49 PM »
Another great project!

As a side-note, there are rumours that the Squats are re-emerging in the 40K universe...  :o
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2020, 12:35:00 PM »
Another great project!

As a side-note, there are rumours that the Squats are re-emerging in the 40K universe...  :o

Cheers :) .

The rumours could be down to a translation error... Until I see new models, I don't even consider rumours because there have been so many 'trolling' rumours that I need proof, not conjecture, before I'll believe anything :) .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2020, 12:25:02 PM »
Finally... all the special weapons are finished :) ! 4 special weapons and 2 trooper bodies:

Flamer:

Plasma:

Melta:

Grenade Launcher:

Now I'll get these sent off with the other five and wait to see how the casts turn out :) . I will also take a short sculpting break, before the next Dwarf Sculpts :) .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2020, 11:26:17 AM »
These:

Have now turned into these:

That means that I will have plenty of casts to convert in order to add a lot more variety to the range, once I have finished the five sculpts I am currently working on :) .

The project continues... :) .

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2020, 11:45:21 AM »
great sculpting skills  :-*

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2020, 11:47:55 AM »
great sculpting skills  :-*

I hope that I can maintain the standard throughout the whole project :) .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2020, 09:35:16 AM »
It's been a while but seeing as this isn't just me advertising miniatures and is all about me building an army, I have started to put a bit of paint down on some of the casts. This is mostly because I am not into sculpting at the moment but also because the whole point of this project is to build my army... so I have started to paint a few miniatures :) :

In a bid to add a bit of variety amongst the same miniatures, the ones at the back have tanned skin, the ones in the middle will have black skin and the ones at the front will have white skin :) . I am not painting these in squads... just as batches of miniatures that will be arranged into squads later so all of the squads will get a good mix of miniatures, skin colours and the odd conversion here and there... but obviously, that's a bit of a way off yet.

Still... the journey continues :) ... more to come.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 10:52:31 PM »
Good stuff  :)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 10:58:47 PM »
Fab as always Inso 8)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2020, 03:57:54 PM »
These are freakin' amazing. Well done.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 11:22:18 AM »

The painting is on hold... as is most of my sculpting :( . I've just not been in the mood for any of my hobby lately and it has been a real struggle to get anything done.

As a result, I went back to some of my WIPs and ripped their arms and heads off because I just wasn't happy with them. I then repaired/replaced the arms and have added a head to one of them... so I have made a little bit of progress :) . Here's the Sgt that I have finished:

The second Sgt is getting his face at some point over the weekend (hopefully) but I am on painkillers (due to chronic pain) so it may or may not happen... If I finish the second one, I'll post pix :) .

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2020, 11:40:16 AM »

The painting is on hold... as is most of my sculpting :( . I've just not been in the mood for any of my hobby lately and it has been a real struggle to get anything done.

As a result, I went back to some of my WIPs and ripped their arms and heads off because I just wasn't happy with them. I then repaired/replaced the arms and have added a head to one of them... so I have made a little bit of progress :) . Here's the Sgt that I have finished:

The second Sgt is getting his face at some point over the weekend (hopefully) but I am on painkillers (due to chronic pain) so it may or may not happen... If I finish the second one, I'll post pix :) .

Nice work Inso!

Am I forgiven if I suggest your little fella is wielding the hammer of ball & pain  ;) lol lol lol lol

Hope the rest of your muse comes back soon, as does mine????

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2020, 06:37:56 AM »
Cheers :) . The mojo thing is a real pain... I think it's because I've been sculpting for a long period of time so probably need a brea from it... but want to finish things so I can't take a break because I feel guilty! I hope you get your mojo back soon :) .

That said, I have managed to get a second Sgt finished :) :