Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:20:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686498
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A New Space Dwarf Army.  (Read 35522 times)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
Re: A New Space Dwarf Army.
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2022, 05:08:21 PM »

Here are the Wine Witch and Beer Seer together :) :

Inso, I love everything, but I especially love these two, in my disturbed little mind I can hear them shouting "wassaill" in a very boozy psychic frenzy ;D :D

Nice!

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2022, 11:08:33 PM »
What a great line of sculpts brimming with character and humor.  Really fantastic work.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2022, 01:43:38 PM »
Cheers :) .

I like to add a bit of humour to some of the miniatures... just to add a wee bit of extra character :) .

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2022, 04:05:40 PM »

I like to add a bit of humour to some of the miniatures... just to add a wee bit of extra character :) .

With all that drinking going on, quite a lot of wee  ;) :D I should think, keep up the good work sir!

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2022, 07:34:06 PM »
Definitely :) .

Seeing as I have a couple of these, it was only right and proper to paint one up for my army. He'll proxy as a command comms, I reckon :) :

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2022, 07:59:11 AM »
I was hoping to paint up a Christmas miniature but didn't have time... so here's the latest sculpt, an Ordnance Officer. Merry Christmas :) :

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2023, 04:25:14 PM »
This is another advisor, namely and Air Force one. He's old-school Air Force so he isn't allowed a beard and has to make do with a big moustache instead :) :

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2023, 08:25:06 AM »
Very nice sculpts! :)

Did the Mobile Infantry make him the Space Dwarf he is today?  ;)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2023, 10:34:55 AM »
Very nice sculpts! :)

Did the Mobile Infantry make him the Space Dwarf he is today?  ;)

Cheers :) ... and that very quote was in my mind when I sculpted him :D !

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2023, 12:19:06 PM »
A small update... Thor, the Engineseer and the two advisors have now been sent off for casting. I should have sculpted a pair of Servitors to go with the Engineseer but I have been distracted with a couple of other projects...

First, a friend of mine asked me to sculpt him a diver that he could wear as a pendent. He provided me reference to use and this is what I came up with:

Second, a conversion was needed for a game board at Salute 2023... so I dug out a Hasslefree Miniatures dolly and converted it into this well known, sci-fi heroine:

I am now working on a caricature of a political figure and a pair of laughing Buddhas... which are far from finished. Hopefully, I'll get back to the Servitors soon but I think I just need a bit of time away to act as a palette cleanser :)

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2023, 08:19:43 PM »
Cool models! I have to admit, I was nosing around Macrocosm last night <ahem>, but the web store is functionally closed for now whilst the owner completes a house move.

Anyway.

The diver, with a few tweaks, might not actually be a bad basis for a servitor you know... Any chance you could get a copy of the master (or the original master) back after it's cast for some tweaks?  :)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2023, 10:14:10 PM »
Cool models! I have to admit, I was nosing around Macrocosm last night <ahem>, but the web store is functionally closed for now whilst the owner completes a house move.

Anyway.

The diver, with a few tweaks, might not actually be a bad basis for a servitor you know... Any chance you could get a copy of the master (or the original master) back after it's cast for some tweaks?  :)

I think the shop will be open soon because the machines are up and running at the new address. I'll ping Chris a message and ask when things will resume :) .

I reckon you're right about the diver, they'd make good servitors (a bit like the old action force diver/robot troopers). They'd certainly work for humans (it's a bit bigger than my Dwarfs) but my army uses robots rather than lobotomised Dwarfs and I've got two partially finished on the corks. I will be getting a bunch of casts back (of the diver) so I might tinker anyway :) .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2023, 02:53:15 PM »
The wheels are still in turn... the process is still going on... Casting has been happening:

I haven't received these yet but the diver is still needed in metal so I reckon I'll get the metal/resin casts in one batch.

With the Engineseer and advisors being finished, it's just a case of finishing the servitors and all of the sculpting will be finished for the project.

With 10th edition (WH40K) on the horizon, I may start another project to fill out a few new slots but I'm in no rush because it would be nice to paint my army :) .

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2023, 05:52:46 AM »
Cool. The mechanical arm has come out nicely. I imagine fiddly bits like that will be a pain.

Offline Tofty

• Assistant
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2023, 01:18:45 PM »
Really liking the look of these sculpts. Great work.