Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:45:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 762
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Planning for quarantine  (Read 12571 times)

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Planning for quarantine
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2020, 02:52:40 AM »
My grandfather who went through wwii, a civil war, a dictatorship and several financial crisis, always said, health is the most important thing, all the other can be fixed/rebuilt.
Sounds like you have a very resilient family CH.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2020, 04:31:43 AM »
Sounds like you have a very resilient family CH.

Or a grandfather with very bad luck  ;)

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2020, 08:41:14 AM »
I echo the comments of others here. This forum has been my blog and a way of connecting with like-minded people all over Europe and beyond. From being used to getting strange looks when you reveal your lead/plastic miniature obsession to being treated as normal has been very therapeutic. I hope everyone is coping with this real-world situation, and if this forum can help with that I say its worthwhile - either as a distraction or as a way of venting and de-stressing...
After a long absence from this forum I find myself working at home from my dining room table on a laptop. I am fortunate that I can put in a full day's work from home amongst my family.
My usual routine at work would be to have lunch at my desk and do 30 mins to 45mins painting to unwind.
Now I can sit back and use the hour or so I would normally commute home to have a far more productive session to unwind. A kind of art therapy if you like.
So far, apart from the initial post-apocalyptic weirdness of shopping in semi-deserted streets and seeing your local supermarket apparently emptied by locusts it has not been nearly as severe as the lock downs reported in place in parts of Europe. Gods willing...
So I am hunkered down, thankfully well stocked with modelling supplies, and revisiting half-finished projects with new resolve. I am currently revisiting my GOT and LOTR collections. There's nothing like medieval or fantasy heraldry to concentrate the mind away from the troubles of the world. May your painting hand always be steady, my friends...
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2020, 09:22:44 AM »
lol lol
Well i guess his generation had bad luck and all those stuff marked them. I remember that in family dinners we could have a table full of food but if there was no bread he would freak out, we used to laugh with this as kids but latter i realised that most of the people who went through the starvation of the nazi occupation had the same reaction, as bread was their basic food.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »
I am currently revisiting my GOT and LOTR collections. There's nothing like medieval or fantasy heraldry to concentrate the mind away from the troubles of the world.

Good man...from a purely selfish point of view I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with, in order to get my own GOT project back on track.

;)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »
I remember that in family dinners we could have a table full of food but if there was no bread he would freak out, we used to laugh with this as kids but latter i realised that most of the people who went through the starvation of the nazi occupation had the same reaction, as bread was their basic food.

Sobering that something could impact someone so much that it lasted the rest of their life

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2020, 04:41:43 AM »
The bad  luck of being born in Greece?!?! :o lol

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2020, 10:09:13 AM »
Jeremy Clarkson had a rant at Captain Tom's Birfday flypast in Saturday's currant-bun. He said that the Raff lads were not observing proper social distancing with their tight formation.
Love him or loath him, sometimes Clarkson hits the head right on the nail!

:)
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline N.C.S.E

• Scientist
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2020, 03:52:36 PM »
Don't know what Clarkson's on about. There's a solid 1.5 planelengths in that. :P

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:44 AM »
Probably as usual, he's talking out his afterburner.

Don't know what Clarkson's on about. There's a solid 1.5 planelengths in that. :P
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2020, 04:05:30 PM »
I was wondering if the length of a sword was within accepted social distancing? If it is the Big Bean should dispatch a chariot to convey Captain Tom to her Londinium hovel, whereupon it should be…

“Arise Sir Tom, Knight of the Realm, a shining endorsement of what put’s the Great in Britain.”

:)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2020, 08:47:50 AM »
Some get older and wiser, some just older.
Since our newsagent re-opened I've been mithering the lady assistant for Wargames Illustrated, daily. She's that fed up with me she's now doing the 'chop' signal through the window as I hove over the horizon.
A tad perplexed I had a braynwave and contacted WI, only to glean they've suspended printing during the plague...
Made me feel I'm getting older.

:-[

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2020, 09:11:29 AM »
They recently said that the July issue would be the next one published.

Some get older and wiser, some just older.
Since our newsagent re-opened I've been mithering the lady assistant for Wargames Illustrated, daily. She's that fed up with me she's now doing the 'chop' signal through the window as I hove over the horizon.
A tad perplexed I had a braynwave and contacted WI, only to glean they've suspended printing during the plague...
Made me feel I'm getting older.

:-[

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »
Yep, daren't tell the shop lady that, she'd break the social distancing malarkey, and strangle me!

:o

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2020, 12:06:17 PM »
In Massachusetts - governors plan forced hobby shops to close - online retailers unresponsive and victims of slow shipping. Most reliable source of miniatures and supplies has been ebay...

Running out of strong tone ink.... I thought 6 bottles would get me through...

Mississippi Mud reserves critically low... Running out of bases...

I've painted things. I've painted so many things... Haven't been taking pictures because I painted so many things.

(I have been running out of supplies - I did not buy enough. Lesson learned for the fall.)