Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691092
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Second game of T&T  (Read 2678 times)

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
Second game of T&T
« on: October 16, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
Played T&T again last night, a homespun Ethiopian War scenario involving Ethiopian warriors trying to loot wrecked Italian vehicles.  We managed to avoid a record number of supressions and had a very enjoyable game.  I liked the character special abilities, 'Crack Shot' worked well for the Ethiopian leader.  We also used Raw troops for the first time (for Blackshirts and young Ethiopian warriors), who proved easy to pin with LMGs and not good at shooting stuff in cover while moving. Looking forward to playing more...

A quick question arose about shooting - if your modified to hit score is 11+, is it impossible to score a hit?  We decided it was but couldn't find an exact rule.

Thanks

James

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Second game of T&T
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »
Yep, if modifiers mean you can't hit, then you can't hit. I wasn't sure about this so I asked Björn. He says he doesn't like rules where a 10 (or whatever) always hits no matter what (but if we want to play it like that then we can, which is nice of him  :)).

It was on this board somewhere, but I bet it was buried in a thread that was originally about something else, and so very easy to miss.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:19:50 PM »
That's fine, it made all the difference to the Raw troops moving and shooting at enemies in hard cover; i.e. they couldn't!

We're just used to playing Crusader Ancients rules where you halve the number of dice and hit on 10s instead...sometimes you get rules sets mixed up! :)

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:24:58 PM »
Yeah, raw troops trying to shoot at enemy in cover while on the move? Forget about it!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 10:33:13 AM »
That said, if your group feels like it, you could introduce a house rule for it, for example "Hits requiring a to-hit result greater than ten still hit on a ten, but can only cause "Suppressed" results, no wounds or kills". Representing more or less unaimed fire which might cause a unit to keep its heads down.

But this would be a totally inofficial addendum. The "official" stand, which I also support since it speeds up play a bit, is Björns line of reasoning, i.e. no hits possible if to-hit number including all modifiers exceeds ten.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »
Hi,

all house rules are fine with me  :)
Please inform me about your house rules. I am really interested in the way you change or improve the game. I already received house rules by players which I found really useful and will adopt. The next supplement will contain some special rules which will allow you to create special skills for units. It will also be possible to hit on an eleven.
But not for everyone  ;)

Thanks for your post and pls enjoy the game.

Cheers
Björn
, ,