Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Posting/Receiving Mini's with Hermes Notice  (Read 620 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Posting/Receiving Mini's with Hermes Notice
« on: March 18, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »
Hi,

Mods, if this post is in the incorrect place please post somewhere more appropriate.

Seeing as there's a lot of traffic sent via the Bazaar I thought I'd better share the informational email I have just got from Hermes:

"2A message from our CEO about COVID-19

Good Afternoon,

The interests of our customers, our people and our communities are at the centre of everything we do and this is particularly important during these challenging times.

With this in mind, we wanted to reach out and reassure you that we are putting in place a number of robust measures designed to make health and safety a top priority whilst still enabling people to send and receive parcels. We understand that deliveries to homes are not only convenient but could also prove to be a lifeline for many people and we take this responsibility extremely seriously.

So, we are making some changes to the way our couriers deliver parcels to offer 'contact-free delivery' right to everyone's doorsteps. These include:

- Asking customers to choose a safe place for deliveries. Anybody due to receive a parcel should visit the tracking section and choose 'divert' to select a safe place. This can also be done through our app, within the MyPlaces section.

- If a safe place hasn't been chosen but there is somewhere safe to deliver the parcel, then couriers will leave it there, even when there is someone in the property. A photo will be taken and this will be included in the delivery notification email.

- For parcels requiring a signature, our couriers can temporarily do this on behalf of the customer to avoid unnecessary contact via hand-held devices. This will only happen when the customer opens the door and gives their name for security reasons. The courier will stay at least two steps away.

- If there is no safe place available, please be assured that we will always attempt delivery 3 times.

Finally, I want to thank you for your co-operation, understanding and patience during these uncertain times. It is down to your continued support that our fantastic parcel people are able to keep deliveries moving across the country. I hope this update will give those of you sending and receiving parcels through our network just 'one less thing' to worry about. We will continue to publish updates on our website.

Stay safe and look out for those around you.

On behalf of everyone at Hermes,

Martijn De Lange
CEO, Hermes UK"

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Posting/Receiving Mini's with Hermes Notice
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »
I must admit it was quite surprising to here the door nearly coming off the hinges .Only to get to it too see the post man running down to the bottom of the garden path and stand there pointing to my doorstep shouting "parcel."

(His actions weren't the suprize . It was the fact the post had for once turned up before mid day.)

Offline vexillia

• Mad Scientist
    • Vexillia
Re: Posting/Receiving Mini's with Hermes Notice
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »
From my experience Hermes couriers tended to leave parcels where they felt like rather than wait for someone to answer the door.  This just legitimises their existing behaviour.