Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:40:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rampant Stars: A Mecha Battle  (Read 460 times)

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
Rampant Stars: A Mecha Battle
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »

Today, the 14th Ulhans of Polanski's Lancers have planned to strike at a early staging factory near the equatorial forest region.  Volsaab had built a number of logging and transport roads through this region so transports could bring newly cut lumber to nearby processing plants.  The Lancers decide to use this network to strike at the processing plants.

Near the lunch hour, Mecha from the Lancers were sighted by truckers moving along the road towards the Earl G. Howanzer Plant.  The plant had a contingent of Thor's Hammers on station, but additional reinforcements were requested from the Rose Guard, who dispatched elements of the 3rd Thorn Guard to assist in the defense. [/i]

Today's battle was a rematch between myself and my family in a game of Rampant Stars.  I have found the rules for Rampant Stars work very well for streamlined Mecha combat as well as Unit-vs-Unit battles.  We pretty much used the same army lists as we last used on Mundos that were built by gut feel rather than any actual point system.

Forces
The Lancers used a variety of Irregular Light Mechs with speed upgrades backed by some Regular heavier units.  If I recall, there were 4 Irregular Lights and 4 Regular Armored units with various additional upgrades.

Thor's Hammers had 2 Regular Mechs and 2 Irregular ones with Armor upgrades.  The Hunchback also had a Heavy Weapon upgrade.  That thing had caused me headaches in the past.

The Thorn Guard had 3 Regular Mecha with armored upgrades, 2 with some sort of shooting upgrade, and 1 Irregular light mech.

Looking at them now, these probably aren't that balanced, by such is life.

Mission
The Lancers needed to target the enemy factory and reduce it to 0 hits.  it started with 10 Effectiveness points.

Set-up
The board was a 4x4 foot board.  A dirt road cut across the board diagonally.  A forest took up the south corner.  Two large areas of fields were also present on the opposite side of the board.  The Factory was next to the road on the Northeast side of the board.

The Thor's Hammers were deployed within 6 inches of the Factory.  The Thorn Guard were coming in as a clump from the Northern board edge.  The Lancers were in two groups.  The Lights led by a Regular mech were coming down the road.  The rest were emerging from the wood line at the board edge.

https://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/2020/03/battle-report-rampant-stars-factory.html
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing