Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:01:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689750
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 632
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New picture backdrop for taking miniature photos  (Read 509 times)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
New picture backdrop for taking miniature photos
« on: March 30, 2020, 12:05:53 PM »
Now that there are only three older NVA soldiers left before I start on the Crisis19 ones, I thought it would be a good idea to change my photo setup. Until now i took the pictures on my gaming table . The lighting wasn’t perfect there so I decided to make a small framework for my painting/modeling desk as light there is no problem. So I took two pieces of extruded polystyrene and glued them together with my hot glue gun.

You get something like this then. I glued sand and grid down like I would do on a piece for my gaming table and started painting it with my usual ground colors.

Then I painted the backdrop a light blue color and used a second even lighter tone of blue to simulate light clouds.

More here: https://wargamesgazette.com/2020/03/30/new-picture-frame/
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
Re: New picture backdrop for taking miniature photos
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 11:47:19 AM »
Nice idea kumpel!

Did you paint the photo station in acrylics? You should use something like an Army Painter Anti Shine or Dull Coat to erase any traces of the natural 'sheen' that paint has to assist with reducing unwanted light reflection whilst you're taking pictures?

The gradient blue backdrop is perfect, as everything looks better in the Summer  ;)
COMMISIONS OPEN - I CUSTOM KITBASH YOUR MODELS. 40K, STARGRAVE, NECROMUNDA, AoS; FORBIDDEN PSALM

https://withkoji.com/@IsItSheerMadness