Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:46:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WEG Star Wars - Size Comparison & „new“ models  (Read 709 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
WEG Star Wars - Size Comparison & „new“ models
« on: March 31, 2020, 07:51:11 PM »
Recently I was inspired not only by the fantastic Mandalorian, but also by the great number of cool Star Wars threads here in the forum, to excavate my own collection from the pile of shame.

I have a real issue with Star Wars. Legion looks cool, but lacks many of the models I would like to see and is totally not what I wanted to have in that scale (character-driven skirmishes). Some of the models look ace, but I cannot bring myself to invest in yet another scale of a range I already collected in 15mm (mostly sold to a fellow LAFer) and 25mm.

So what to do? I decided to stay with the trusty good old West End Games models. Of course, they are quite pricy in evil bay, but I still have a nice amount. More than enough for what I want.

Ok. After torturing my fellow LAFers with this wall of text, I come to the real aim of this thread:

While I admired my WEG models I had some revelations about some models which are absolutely brilliant to be used next to them (and can still be purchased easily).

So here we go!

PS
To see a WEG Star Wars game in all its glory visit this amazing thread here on LAF: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=64398.0
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:34:12 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: WEG Star Wars - Size Comparison & „new“ models
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »
When I looked at the few things I own from Imperial Assault (nice game, but why isn’t it possible to have a consistent scale when making a Star Wars or Star Trek game?), I looked again at the great model of the AT-ST...and got sad.

When I placed young Luke next to it, the model is puny! The ewoks could easily have kicked those things hard enough to break, if they would have been that small in the movies! Bah!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:02:18 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:04:04 PM »
Well now look at the same AT-ST, bought for €8,- including p&p at ebay, next to some WEG Star Wars models. It’s much better! Glorious for the price!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 08:07:19 PM »
My second example is the Wampa from Imperial Assault. Again, it’s a really nice model, but the size. It’s ridiculous! How could such a little Teddy Bear ever have killed a Tauntaun or knocked out Luke?

Look...Luke is nearly bigger if he just would  stand straight!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 08:09:23 PM »
...and now the same Wampa next to a WEG rebel....it’s much better!

Bought for €7.50 at the bay incl. postage.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:36:03 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 08:29:49 PM »
And finally, I realized that Nick‘s new series of Postapoc models for Gaslands, designed by nobody else than the famous Mr Copplestone himself, fit very well with WEG models. Maybe I will need to remove the integral bases of the latter, but Han and Max are really very much in the same scale.

This gives us ENORMOUS potential for kustomization! Rebels and galactic criminals can start frolicking!

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 09:48:21 PM »
Don't forget the GZG 25mm range - some lovely models there that can be used as rebs or local Imp forces.