Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix Plastic Dark Age multi basing miniatures  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Orlock

• Bookworm
    • The White Boar
Victrix Plastic Dark Age multi basing miniatures
« on: April 03, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »
Hi Folks,

Whilst I have a a collection of the Wargames Foundry Normas/Vikings which I am able to place four miniatures on a 40mm base, how do the Victrix plastic miniatures rank up? Will four miniatures fit on a 40mm base.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Richard

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Victrix Plastic Dark Age multi basing miniatures
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 11:31:47 AM »
Might be doable, but I think it may be a tight fit. Waiting on a delivery of anglo-danes at the moment, so I might be able to take a picture tonight.

Offline Erik

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:33:22 PM »
The Victrix minatures take up a lot of space. I usually have 6 figures to a 60X40 mm base for my heavy infantry. Sometimes I only have 5 whem the miniatures are bigger like fx. Foundry Landsknechts, but if I want my Victrix Saxons on multi bases its only gonna be 4.

These guys are huge!

Cheers
Erik

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 01:05:17 PM »
I only have their Iberians - they're pretty flaily in the Same way their later figures look to be. 20mm frontage was ok but I had to make the bases a wee bit deeper (10 mm) to fit 4 figures. Short answer 40x 50 mm was fine

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 02:57:14 PM »
Here we go, three saxons and a viking on a 40mm base. A little tight even without weapons and shields.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 03:32:18 PM »

Which rules do you use? Are 40mm square bases standard for DA games? I usually base my figures on 20mm square bases for Ancient and DA then put them in units using Victrix movement tray.
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Orlock

• Bookworm
    • The White Boar
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 07:42:07 AM »
Hi, the rules I use are either Hail Caesar, or perhaps To the Strongest, the multi basing can handle both systems.

@Ogrob thanks for the photo, that's good to know. I think that maybe for the Anglo Saxon Huscarls I may only put three models to a base. Those boys need plenty of space to swing their axes.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:43:52 AM by Orlock »