Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:03:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) Palaeo Diet: Pulp available now from Ganesha Games  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:

Palaeo Diet: Pulp is the dino-hunting, mummy-wrangling, Nazi-punching expansion for Palaeo Diet: Eat or be Eaten, the solo and co-operative game of survival in a savage prehistoric world. PDP includes: new rules for modern pulp adventurers with all new weapons and traits; new landscape types including buildings, quicksand and carnivorous plants; four new beast reactions; eight new beast profiles including witch doctors, mummies and raptors; three new scenarios to showcase the new rules.

A digital copy of Pulp is be available from the Ganesha Games Gumroad store:
https://gumroad.com/l/bmIms?fbclid=IwAR0llHCy9RrwVI6EihT9VCrXA6J7etQVYyzi2eYUGFzksXRo_DrN8pPePms

A hard copy, full colour, paperback can be found at Lulu:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/nic-wright/palaeo-diet-pulp/paperback/product-24452118.html

There are multiple game reports already on the Irregular Wars blog:
http://irregularwars.blogspot.com/search/label/Pulp

• The core game, Palaeo Diet: Eat or be Eaten contains everything you need to lead a struggling prehistoric tribe against AI beasts.
    Palaeo Diet: Fireside Tales is a narrative campaign book which introduces new beast profiles and reactions.
    Palaeo Diet: Pulp takes the game in new directions, expanding it to cover 19th and 20th century dinosaur hunts, as well as facilitating mummy-wrangling and nazi-punching  opportunities for all.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Re: (Commercial) Palaeo Diet: Pulp available now from Ganesha Games
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 12:33:58 AM »
Man, I’m sooooo tempted.  Ok, I’ve put it on my shopping list.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 06:08:53 AM »
Not usually a fan of multiple rule books to cover the 'same' period - always seems a suspect attempt to pry money for little return - but the prices here don't suggest that is the tactic, quite reasonable in fact.  Now, had they been $40 a pop, I wouldn't have even bothered posting. 

(Got this way about rules when selling off a late friend's collection - he had well over $1,000 worth of WWII rules from a very well known game system.  That races past crazed insanity into some unknown realm of pathetic greed.  Addendum to fix omissions or errors?  Sure.  36 rulebooks for one war?  F**k no.)

Back on topic, based on price, I am struck by the enjoyable artwork.  Heck, I might even have to 'bite' myself and pick these up.  Was the ententre intended?!  lol

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 10:12:58 PM »
We have played Paleo Diet a couple times, and enjoyed it. Very interesting mechanic that lends itself to solo play extremely well. Which - considering how few of us able to get face-to-face miniatures gaming in, is a godsend! I haven't played the Pulp version of it, but sounds like a lot of fun. Recommended on my end...  :)

If you want to read an AAR or two from the original Paleo Diet rules, here are the entries on my blog:
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/search/label/Prehistoric

Mike Demana

Offline Isasi

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 07:52:31 AM »
Great rules.
I will try the Pulp supplement next week.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »
Thanks gents.  :)