Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686579
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Banner application  (Read 713 times)

Offline Huscarl

• Assistant
Banner application
« on: April 04, 2020, 07:37:45 PM »
I bought some LBMS banners and they came with instructions, but I am a little confused by them. Can any of you tell me how you applied them? Thanks.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: Banner application
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:05:51 PM »
I'll have to root around upstairs and see if I have any. I know I've bought banners, I just don't remember where from.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Greenmantle

• Student
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:37:52 PM »
With transfers the traditional method was to cut out the required item from the sheet of transfers.  Drop that into warm water.  Wait until the transfer can be lifted off the backing sheet and apply it to the model.

If you are used to this method then the LBMS product may seem “back to front”. Once you cut out the required item press the transfer directly onto the surface (in your case banner).  This means that you will be looking at the backing paper.  You then wet the area and after a short wait the backing paper will slide away leaving the transfer in position.

If this explanation is not clear enough I am sure you will be able to google a video. 

Offline Huscarl

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 02:24:30 AM »
With transfers the traditional method was to cut out the required item from the sheet of transfers.  Drop that into warm water.  Wait until the transfer can be lifted off the backing sheet and apply it to the model.

If you are used to this method then the LBMS product may seem “back to front”. Once you cut out the required item press the transfer directly onto the surface (in your case banner).  This means that you will be looking at the backing paper.  You then wet the area and after a short wait the backing paper will slide away leaving the transfer in position.

If this explanation is not clear enough I am sure you will be able to google a video.

Thank you very much!

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
Just to add if the LBM banners are like the shields, then there is a transparent clear plastic sheet covering the design which you need to peel off. The banner is then sticky so press it, backing paper side up, on to white paper and wet the backing paper. I use a medium paint brush for this. Peel off the backing paper to reveal the banner on the paper which you can then cut out and glue together with PVA around the standard.

Hope this makes sense.

Offline Greenmantle

• Student
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 08:49:29 AM »
Yes indeed.

In my sleepy rush to deal with Huscarls confusion (which I shared on first receiving a pack of LBMS transfers) it occurred to me this morning that the explanation could have been better.

Thankfully Armchair General has offered clarity. 

The LBMS stuff has been a tremendous boon for me.  There’s nothing like having very poorly painted hoplites suddenly transformed by their fantastic designs.