Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:39:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Into the Nacht Garten - A Retro Realms of Chaos Project - Now with old Brigands  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Into the Nacht Garten - A Retro Realms of Chaos Project
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »
Thanks guys always nice to get feed back.

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2020, 11:25:50 AM »
Fantastic, absolutely love everything
Where did you get that Kaleb Daark figure from or is he a conversion?
Really great

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »
Fantastic, absolutely love everything
Where did you get that Kaleb Daark figure from or is he a conversion?
Really great

Thanks. The Kaleb homage is from Mierce Miniatures though I changed the shield out for a Games Workshop one he can be found here

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_fmr_blr_wcf_101_000

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2020, 07:30:47 AM »
Thanks for that, they have some really interesting stuff. I've never heard of them before

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2020, 09:58:47 AM »
Thanks for that, they have some really interesting stuff. I've never heard of them before

They have some fantastic miniatures especially some of the big models prices can be a bit eye watering at times though. I picked up a few of their miniatures cheap as they were selling off their metal versions I think everything is resin now.

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2020, 06:56:33 AM »
Well it seems blogger is having some technical problems and half my pictures have disappeared behind a minus sign   :-[ still forging ahead chaos thugs of Khorne

"Many turn to Chaos as an easy path to power. Few travel far along that road, for it is beset with dangers, that effect both mind and body. The chaos thugs are men of this kind - fresh upon the Chaos path and barely touched  by it's corrupting power."

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2020, 06:44:30 AM »
Brigands of the Woods

Dieter Gelt sighed he had come to the Orc's Armpit looking for information. As a merchant he prided himself on getting the lay of the land, before he traded in an area, finding out who where the movers and shakers and what where the dangers. As usual he had headed for the seediest looking tavern, in town, where the best information could usual be found for a few coins and beer. Tonight though he had lucked out. The bar keeper had directed him to an old man in the corner, by the name of Ludwig, but after an hour he heard nothing but folk stories and old wives tales about the dark gods and monsters. Sure the story about the temple in the forest where a pleasure cult performed all manor of filth was mildly interesting but still this wasn't the sort of information he was looking for.

"Is that the time" Dieter mumbled "I must be going". The old man looked up " None as blind as those who refuse to see" he said. Dieter bit back "I came here looking for useful information on the Nacht Garten. All I've received for my beer and coin are a bunch of fairy tales about monsters and mad people you clearly have nothing useful to tell me so I'll take my beer elsewhere". The old man stared hard at him, with his one good eye, then shrugged. "Ok have it your way. Has anyone told you about Brin the Brigand king?" "I'm listening" said Dieter. "I can tell you where he operates, his tricks and traps even where his camp is" replied Ludwig. "And how would you know that?" enquired Dieter "Simple" said the old man " I used to be one of his gang.."

Not every danger in the Nacht Garten is down to the Gods of Chaos there are plenty of mundane dangers found there that are found all over the Empire wild animals, goblins and brigands are all a danger to travellers in the Nacht Garten.

Brigands, Bandits, Bushwhackers, Cutthroats, what ever the name, these bands of desperate men and women, live in the wilds, robbing travellers and menacing farms and hamlets. Their backgrounds can be mixed, and their reasons varied, for becoming a brigand peasants who have fled a cruel lord, soldiers or mercenaries who find themselves unemployed by peace, merchants fleeing debt, freeman starving in times of famine or even thrill seeking nobles.

The fate of these men can go many ways some hate what they are forced to do and return to more mundane life as soon as they can. Others get rich on the spoils of robbery and in the Empire money buys respectability and a chance at a new life with no questions asked. Some come to enjoy the freedom of the brigands lifestyle and go onto become famous with names like Brin the Brigand King, Wulf the Whip or Norbet the Noble.  A few will become so desperate they will join a champion of chaos and take the first step on the path to damnation as chaos thugs.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Pretty cool. Every one is worried about the boogyman, but it's most likely the mundane that will get you.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Pretty cool. Every one is worried about the boogyman, but it's most likely the mundane that will get you.

Especially in Warhammer where you can spend half a game avoiding the orc warboss on a wyvern and end up being undone by a unit of ruddy snotlings  lol

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures