Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690924
  • Total Topics: 118358
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers for Shadow Deep  (Read 878 times)

Offline Severian

• Scientist
Rangers for Shadow Deep
« on: April 11, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »
I've been distracted from my various quarantine projects by Rangers of Shadow Deep. Thought I'd cobble together a party from what I have to hand and give the game a try.

So, here are some old Copplestone elves and a barbarian I found in the lead pile. I'll try out the first couple of missions with them and see how they do. In any case a good excuse to finish painting some figures that have languished half-done for a few years now. The usual apologies for bad photographs...

Here's a group shot:

and the "ranger" (actually a druid, apparently):

a swordsman:

a couple of archers:

and a barbarian:

And here they are in the middle of the deserted village of the first scenario. There are a couple of rats visible, but the "zombies" are all out of shot. This is just as well, because I discovered I don't own any actual zombies so have used some rather anodyne Wargames Factory ancient Germans (primed but not painted) as temporary stand-ins.

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
Re: Rangers for Shadow Deep
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »
Good stuff
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn and the scabbard thrown away!'

Instagram Swordisdrawn264

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »
Very nice elf warband and village buildings! (The road seems to suffer from a major earthquake.)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 09:29:08 PM »
Great to see you back!

Nice-looking warband - and what a superb table!

Offline Severian

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 11:15:05 PM »
Thanks all! The terrain is really just a miscellaneous collection I've acquired over the years, but it's nice to be able to set up a properly cluttered table without too much effort.

I played through the first scenario this afternoon, and our heroes survived...

(The road seems to suffer from a major earthquake.)

Yes, it does rather look like it, doesn't it. One of the event cards in the game had one of the houses collapse, so perhaps the two things are linked...

Was impressed by how well the game works as a solo experience; I'll very likely give it another outing soon. The next scenario calls for multiple giant spiders, and I only have one that I can find; but I have lots of giant scorpions, for some reason, so they can substitute.

Here's something I made for a later scenario. I'll need a few more but they're on their way... Not sure why the picture wants to display sideways but my efforts to fix this haven't worked so you'll just have to tilt your heads (or screen) to see it properly.  :)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 07:46:36 AM »
Nice job, sir. I think I have two pieces of terrain :D One day I shall be able to field as much as you.

Not seen those Copplestone Elves before, they look cool.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new