Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686636
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Yom Kippur War Miniatures  (Read 1296 times)

Offline steve501

• Librarian
28mm Yom Kippur War Miniatures
« on: April 09, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »
 Apart from Mongrel miniatures  (Badger Games) does anyone else make 28mm Israeli and Syrian miniatures

Thanks
Steve

Offline Rommel

• Librarian
Re: 28mm Yom Kippur War Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 05:26:49 PM »
Hello,
The miniatures from Mongrel are for thé Lebanon period ‘80 s with thé Galil AR.
Yom Kippour 1973 is with the Fal AR, wich i think don’t excisât in 28mm?

Online SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »
I know they aren't 28mm, but Wargames Foundry have just re-released a 20mm range of Israelis and Arabs which are perfect for either 1967 or '73. Lovely looking figures.

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 02:56:48 PM »
I would dearly love to see any company cover the Arab Israeli wars in 28mm. My preference would be for Empress Miniatures to do it as they have the wonderful talents of Mr Hicks already on board. However, I understand and respect that it is totally up to Paul at Empress to decide on what his company does and does not make and that it must be tiresome to continually be asked to make figures for various conflicts. Also, who can complain with the current cracking Vietnam sculpts or any of the other ranges that have been done by Empress since they started.

I would also say that there is zero chance of expecting the old Mongrel Miniatures range to be resurrected any time soon. The current company who owns it have seemingly done nothing with the range since acquiring it all those years ago (still waiting for opposition for my 1960s mercenaries!).  There is always someone asking about 28mm AIW figures online and it has such rich wargaming potential. The early 1948 conflict for a start with all the WW2 kit and modified armoured vehicles.

I understand that making figures for the more recent operations is a bit difficult as kit continues to change and that there may be some reluctance on the part of miniatures companies to delve into a potentially contentious subject area but its a constant source of frustration and disappointment that nobody has taken this up. As it is, I dug out my old collection of Mongrel Miniatures 1982 range the other day including Chieftain Shot Kals, Mongrel M113s and mutts with crew. They were cracking figures as evidenced by the fact that I actually painted the majority of them up. I've only got the VW beetle van (and open top rpg chap) left to paint plus some Arab militia. The PLO figures in trainers, track suits and jeans were the most fun to paint. Such a great range!

Oh and I think that Force of Arms did a Shot Kal for the 1973 Yom Kippur War in 28mm (1/56th) as I found one in the shed the other day.

Offline steve501

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »
Hi all
I've just been looking at the Wargames Foundry 20mm which look awesome plus the vehicles are a bit more manageable

Thanks for the note on the Mongrel miniatures as well I thought they'd be suitable.

Really wish someone would do a range in 28mm though

Steve

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 05:59:50 PM »
1980's IDF & Syrians in 20mm from Under Fire miniatures.

http://www.underfireminiatures.com/page24.htm

Offline Rommel

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 07:30:51 AM »
The Mongrels are they not availible at Badger Games?

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 12:37:10 PM »
They are available at Badger Games in the US. I've never dealt with them so can't say what their customer service is like or what their plans are (if any) for the Mongrel Miniatures stuff. All I know is that they bought this range from a guy in the UK quite some time ago (more than ten years?) and have not added to it. I think all the 1980s IDF, Syrian and PLO/militia stuff is still available but I'm not sure if you can still buy the Mutts, the M113 (Zeldas) or the Chieftain Shot Kal. If Sloppy Jalopy are still operating in the UK then you may still be able to buy some of these vehicles from them (along with the T54s/T62s and BTRs etc)? 

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »

Offline Rommel

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »
At Butlers printen modèles there is a 28mm Centurion Sho’t