Forum > Pikes, Muskets and Flouncy Shirts

Your ECW Re-enactment Photos

<< < (2/6) > >>

Mad Lord Snapcase:
Three more from me...

A bit of 17th century punishment being doled out!

I had long hair (red and black sleeves) in those days. Hardly any hair left now!

Another photo of Lord Hopton's Regiment of Foote marching towards the Mall.

Mad Lord Snapcase:

--- Quote from: Silent Invader on April 10, 2020, 03:43:33 PM ---I’ve just realised that Parliamentarian Officer is standing right in front of a small cannon  :o

--- End quote ---

Perhaps he's giving the double V-sign because they have just missed him with it?   ;)

Sir_Theo:
Thrse are great, not a thing ive ever done myself but ive attended a few to watch. I remember a memorable reenactment on the Naseby battlefield, I think before the building of a new road or bypass? I was only a child so may have got that wrong. It was a big event though and extremely impressive to watch.

Mad Lord Snapcase:

--- Quote from: Sir_Theo on April 10, 2020, 03:50:53 PM ---Thrse are great, not a thing ive ever done myself but ive attended a few to watch. I remember a memorable reenactment on the Naseby battlefield, I think before the building of a new road or bypass? I was only a child so may have got that wrong. It was a big event though and extremely impressive to watch.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Sir_Theo.

This one shows how bad my uniform was in the early days. I'm on the left. This would be '74 or '75 I think. The musketeer on the right looks quite good though. Although I think his hat might have been made out of carpet underlay!

Mad Lord Snapcase:
The photos of us marching down the Mall has reminded me of an event which gave me a great thrill at the time. It was the year after those pictures were taken and I was newly in command of Lord Hopton's. We had been given special permission to cross the parade ground at Horse Guards and march through the arch into Whitehall and thence onto the Banqueting Hall where a service takes place every year. As we passed through the arch at Horse Guards I ordered a general salute from the regiment, officers removing their hats, the colours were dipped and the drums beat up. To my immense surprise, the Lifeguards on sentry duty came to the 'shun and saluted our colours with their swords. An electrifying moment for me, I had only ever seen them salute the Queen before!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version