Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:10:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Alekseevsky Regiment Flag  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Iron Mike 73

• Assistant
Alekseevsky Regiment Flag
« on: April 11, 2020, 11:48:16 AM »
Hi all,

This is a great site!  So much information, great pics of superb minis and terrain.  A true inspiration!

I'm just getting started in RCW.  Wondered if anyone knew what sort of flag the Alekseevsky regiment flew during the period?  Informed opinions welcome, too!!

Mike

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Re: Alekseevsky Regiment Flag
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 01:20:31 PM »
All the “colored” infantry regiments in the best periods of their existence were deployed to the size of divisions (including several regiments under different numbers), and then, under the influence of losses, they again decreased to the size of the regiment. So for sure there were several banners - and several different types. In addition, there was also the equestrian Alekseevsky regiment, which was also part of the Alekseevsky division, but it had other color differences.
At the moment, I know only one banner of the infantry regiment. This is the headquarters flag. His drawings are preserved in the diary of one of the officers of this regiment.

I made a reconstruction of this banner:

Offline Iron Mike 73

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »
Thanks you, Cuprum!  Your assistance on the RCW here on this forum is legendary!

Your flag is 28mm, yes?  I will look over your offerings, although I am building a 15mm Army.

Mike

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 02:30:16 AM »
Happy to help.
It’s not a problem for me to print flags at any desired scale, but it will take some time.
However, this will not be possible until the end of April - now in Russia quarantine, most enterprises do not work.