Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:02:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689474
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: French Revolution, Emigre Legion de Damas 1793  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Sheepman

• Librarian
    • The Northumbrian Wargamer
French Revolution, Emigre Legion de Damas 1793
« on: April 11, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »
My policy during this enforced lock down period is make a rather pathetic attempt to burrow my way through the figures I have lying around doing nothing. To that end and given the fact that my Austrians from the French Revolutionary period need some reinforcements I cobbled together enough figures for a representation of the Emigre Legion de Damas 1793. Now I will say here and now that though the uniforms are reasonably accurate, I am aware that the Legion didn't have an artillery contingent, they are made up, but what the heck! For the General de Armee rules the infantry and cavalry will be classed as small units and the artillery as a half battery.

A few more photographs here:
http://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.com/search/label/28mm%20French%20Revolutionary
Stay safe,
Dave.
\'I raised myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty\'.

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
Re: French Revolution, Emigre Legion de Damas 1793
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 01:40:26 PM »
Splendid additions to your forces!
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »
Very nicely painted figures! An excellent job! Congrats!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline FlyXwire

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »
Awesome unit package! 

They all look super-painted - how much would such a Legion organization go towards providing an individual player something of a meaningful command using the General de Armee rules?

(is this Legion enough for a single player to enjoy playing with in a scenario using the rules?)

Offline Sheepman

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 04:20:46 PM »
In Gen de Armee a commander must allocate orders (roll dice) to each brigade in the force, a brigade usually consists of between two to six units with approx two to three brigades to the division. For an good size game it would have two divisions per side but it can be played using one division per side with a couple of dice rolled for the commanders.
I believe these rules to be the best Napoleonic or in my case French Revolutionary rule set out there but this is only my opinion of course. I gravitated to these rules from Gen de Brigade which are a little bit more in depth but still a good set and are aimed at one division per side on average.
So to answer your question I will be adding a couple more full size (24 figs) units to the figures above to complete this brigade.
Dave.

Offline Sheepman

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 06:55:28 PM »
I have been waiting for the two figures from Black Hussar Miniatures for the model to get finished, all done now so a nice addition to the allied side for the French Revolutionary wars collection.

http://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.com/search/label/28mm%20French%20Revolutionary

Dave.

Offline Sheepman

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 06:58:54 PM »
Sorry guys, seem to have posted this under a previous post. Please scroll down a bit to see the coach.
Dave.

Offline schoey

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 11:18:25 AM »
Lovely figures and really like the coach, gives a collection something different