Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 54mm Rogue Trader crew  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
Re: 54mm Rogue Trader crew
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 08:24:46 PM »
Hi DivisMal,

I've bought all mine off e-bay. Do a search for Tehnolog and all sorts of selections will come up. As has been said, some of their earlier sculpts are a little wonky and diminutive, but there is still much to love.

Warhansa's Machete Gang (follow the link I gave above) also has much potential for games like this.

Offline number1section1

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 09:09:00 AM »
I remember when inquisitor came out there was some pictures of 1:32 models they converted before the official models. I did this and found that regular 40k weapons are a perfect fit!

Offline James Holloway

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 03:01:47 PM »
I remember when inquisitor came out there was some pictures of 1:32 models they converted before the official models. I did this and found that regular 40k weapons are a perfect fit!

Yes, I found that too! If you look at the Sister of Battle, her right arm below the edge of the armour and her sword are both from Warhammer figures. "Scale" is so variable that you just have to go by what looks right.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2020, 10:58:51 AM »
These look great! (And by the way, great Monster Man episode on lindwurms!)

DivisMal - for reference, this is a Tehnolog orc.

James's post has inspired me to do a bit of fishing around for hard-plastic 54mm or 1/32; there seem to be a few things out there, and the conversion possibilities - once you add in plastic cement - are endless. Is that a GW orc sword in the cultist's hand? And there must be lots of largish Reaper Bones creatures that would make good aliens; I'm already thinking about their bugbears as short but stocky sword-and-planet aliens with power weapons!

The game that springs to mind as perfect for this scale is Rogue Planet. The fact that movement in one direction is unlimited could make it really well suited to a fairly small table with a low figure count: lots of diving between cover points without the distances looking unrealistic. Ganesha Games' Battlesworn is similar in that respect, though it has a higher figure count (8-12, I think) per side.

Offline James Holloway

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 02:00:50 PM »
These look great! (And by the way, great Monster Man episode on lindwurms!)

Thank you!

DivisMal - for reference, this is a Tehnolog orc.

James's post has inspired me to do a bit of fishing around for hard-plastic 54mm or 1/32; there seem to be a few things out there, and the conversion possibilities - once you add in plastic cement - are endless. Is that a GW orc sword in the cultist's hand? And there must be lots of largish Reaper Bones creatures that would make good aliens; I'm already thinking about their bugbears as short but stocky sword-and-planet aliens with power weapons!

That's right; it's an Ork (or maybe Ogre) knife from my bits box. I'm also thinking of the various toy dinosaurs and other monstrosities in my critter drawer as possible antagonists or random encounters.

The game that springs to mind as perfect for this scale is Rogue Planet. The fact that movement in one direction is unlimited could make it really well suited to a fairly small table with a low figure count: lots of diving between cover points without the distances looking unrealistic. Ganesha Games' Battlesworn is similar in that respect, though it has a higher figure count (8-12, I think) per side.

I will have to have a look at Rogue Planet. I've been thinking about ways to set up a table here and have people take command of their forces via Skype or similar.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »
That's right; it's an Ork (or maybe Ogre) knife from my bits box. I'm also thinking of the various toy dinosaurs and other monstrosities in my critter drawer as possible antagonists or random encounters.

Given the size of Orc/Ork heads, I'm already wondering about using them to make sinister aliens by kitbashing them with 54mm Vitrix Napoleonics.

It also occurs to me that Mantic's Veer-myn rat-ogre equivalents might make pretty good alien nasties at this scale (forgive the attached photo - I'll edit it out if you don't want it on the thread!).

And yes, there must be loads of scale-agnostic beasties that would work well.

I will have to have a look at Rogue Planet. I've been thinking about ways to set up a table here and have people take command of their forces via Skype or similar.

I reckon Rogue Planet would be perfect for remote gaming because there's no measurement for moving; it's all just "I dash over to the boulder" or "I duck behind the crates". And of course the bigger figures would be a huge help.

Offline t_c_inquisitor

• Schoolboy
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 01:57:09 PM »
As a 54mm Inquisitor player with dozens of technolog minis, I can happily say you've worked wonders with yours.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2020, 06:47:51 PM »
Given the size of Orc/Ork heads, I'm already wondering about using them to make sinister aliens by kitbashing them with 54mm Vitrix Napoleonics.

When GW first released Inquisitor we made loads of basic trooper/guardsman types for it from the Airfix 1/32 Multipose figure kits, especially the Japanese and US Marines. Loose weapons from the Gorkamorka and early 40K Orks worked in the larger scale as more correctly proportioned versions of the same thing (especially the pistols).

Also if you can find them the first Ogryn figures (before the Bob Olley ones) make perfect 54mm Squats.

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 10:38:52 AM »
I am late to this party but have there been any updates on this? BIg 54mm fan myself. There a small but growing couple of threads over at littlewars that have fantasy and sci fi content and is worth checking out:

https://littlewarsrevisited.boards.net/

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »
Like the last poster, late to find this thread. Given that 54mm SF has become my main theme this is rather remiss of me. I have posted some of my efforts on the Little Wars revisited dg link given above, but will also put some here to hopefully stimulate even more interest...
Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 12:39:42 PM »
For the cultists, my plan was to savagely convert the leftover models from the big Tehnolog order I made. This elf archer is going to be the first victim:

[/quote]

BRILLIANT! This is so simple and sooo effective! I have skellies and elves...now I have more Cultists. My first band were from a different Tehnolog set, will try to post some photos. They are intended to be Genestealer Cultists.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:13:24 PM by Mike Blake »