Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SA House Rules. What are you using?  (Read 2905 times)

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
SA House Rules. What are you using?
« on: April 16, 2020, 04:18:20 PM »
I love SA and the sheer scope of the game, but I just keep getting my butt kicked. Three agents just don't seem to stand up to a bunch of cultists. My standard agents aren't much better than a cultist and they out number me like crazy.

Has anyone tried any house rules to their games, and how do they impact the game? I'm really looking for changes to the existing rules and not people adding their own monsters and such in.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
Re: SA House Rules. What are you using?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »
I use a couple of house rules, mostly to change the flow of the game and campaign to one that suits myself and others.

Firstly I drop the compulsory close at the start of the round. This give a downed model a little time to survive and isn't auto killed unless a player decides to use their turn to do so. Adds a risk management to deciding who you want to activate.

In PvP games we up a Threshold Agent to Dex 4+. Like you've mentioned, they can get overwhelmed against a horde of cultists who are shooting with the same ability to hit. I don't do this for the solo cards though. The models can act randomly on some occasions, so it's not really needed.

Lastly I add +1 to the result for rolling for a Map Pieces for every previous game I've played in a  campaign. I once played 9 games and got no pieces, so this allows us to get the more interesting scenarios on the table quicker

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 12:31:01 AM »
The only house rule that I use is that the new scenario to be played cannot contain the same "type" of lurkers in it that were in the previous scenario.

Offline Dan55

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 04:52:09 AM »
I've noticed a similar problem.  I once played in a scenario where fog (or something) prevented agents from using their guns - so straight to melee, where they quickly lost.

One of Litebrites games as I remember (hi Lembit).   ;)

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »
Sorry for not saying "Hi" back Dan.

Upon playing my Bring the Baby back scenario, I realized that I am using the two following rules:

1) Figures equipped with a Tommygun, Shotgun or any Rifle can use it as a "club" in close combat.

2)  When a character performs a move action, the owning player can also declare that it is "readying" another weapon.