Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:39:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689741
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur paints some Heroquest  (Read 6815 times)

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
Re: Sigur paints some Heroquest
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2020, 08:55:32 PM »
Great work all around. I think you outdid yourself with the new set!

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2020, 12:26:41 AM »
@twrchtrwyth: Thanks very much!

@syrinx0: Oh, these aren't my own figures. I probably worded my prior reply poorly. Nay, I don't own Heroquest. Somehow I got pretty much a full collection of HQ figures in my "box of ruddy figures for roleplaying games", but none of those are painted either.

@SultanSevy: Thanks very much!

@Peithetairos: Hey, I know you! :) Cheers, much appreciated.

Well, I've been working on the remaining characters and started work on the Chaos Warriors, and even applied a coat or two to the Greater Daemon (which I'll most likely carry on calling Gargoyle in the future, because in the German version somehow it was called Gargoyle. 9 year old me often wondered why it looks so colourful in the pictures on the sides of the box). It's all a bit chaotic. Especially since this morning, when I got one of those "emergency" things to do until next week (Gloomhaven boardgame figures. I painted those before. I think it's okay if I say that the HQ figures 'speak to me' much more than the Gloomhaven ones. But I guess there's some 25 years of taste-shifting between them). So yeah, hope to get ahead on the Chaos Warriors next, once I got the Gloomies out of the way. Then it's time for finalizing characters.

Thanks for all the comments, hope you stay tuned!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2020, 11:27:20 AM »
Heyhey, it's been a while, but here's another update:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_10/wip4schrift.jpg.ba48107347538093980451e6aa8b7e4b.jpg

I added the Chaos Warriors now, the rest of the heroes, and the Warlock. Next (diverging from my projections): Gargoyle. After that I'll do the furniture. Sadly I only got the plastic parts for those, so they won't be as nice looking in my photos this time I'm afraid.

Anyway, if you wanna see finished furniture, just scroll up. That's the convenient thing about this thread. :D Hope you like the new figures!

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 02:44:27 AM »
Terrific work! 

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2020, 11:27:22 AM »
This thread is pure joy  :-*

Offline tancrede

• Scientist
    • Studio Caillou
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2020, 05:30:53 PM »
Wonderful update on those minis, sir ! :-*
My blog, for personnal and commission work, and sometimes other things too => http://studiocaillou.blogspot.fr/

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2020, 05:37:49 PM »
Whatever job you deal with, is always highly commented. But whenever you use fantasy colors, then it is a real feast for the eyes!   
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
@killshot: Thanks very much! :)

@psyberwyche: Cheers, that's a nice compliment. :) Working with the HQ figures actually is really good fun.

@tancrede: :D Wow, I haven't seen you in a long time! Thanks very much for the comment, Sir!

@DintheDin: Thank you so much, as always. Colourful figures almost always look more impressive, don't they. And with these sculpts, the bolder colours go really well.

Right-o, the Gargoyle's almost done now:

I also started working on the furniture. Unfortunately I didn't get the cardboard parts along with the plastic bits this time, so the furniture won't look as nice in the final pictures. But oh well. I love how homely and colorful the HQ furniture is.

The fun thing is the little differences between these figures I'm paintnig now and the ones from the Master Edition I painted earlier. The Gargoyle's whip is bent a little differently on the older figures. The Warlock also wears three rings on his hands in the newer version, none in the older.

Here's a shot of the (later) figures I painted earlier this year for comparison in the curvature of the whip:

Riveting stuff, I know. :D

By the way, the zombies behind the Gargoyle in the first picture are some figures I quickly painted up on the side. An addition to my modern Zombie collection for a possible zombie game.

full size image:

Started as a solo project in 2012 and mostly has been that since that time. As I currently can't meet with my gaming pals I snapped back to mostly solo playing. They don't have to look great (and I don't have the time do make'em look great anyway), but they up my collection to a bit over 50 cold bodies now. Should be enough. Right now I'm converting a bigger "tank" type zombie while waiting for paints to dry on Heroquest furniture.

Sorry for the detour, but I don't think the handful of zombies warrants their own thread. By the way, my modern zombie horde also contains one Heroquest Zombie for giggles. I'll take that as a flimsy excuse to mention that other project in here. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:09:43 AM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2020, 03:25:27 AM »
A few of those Zombies look to have some interesting outfits - plaids and stripes even (need better pics to be sure...).  My Z's are mostly rather boring.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2020, 11:09:19 AM »
A few of those Zombies look to have some interesting outfits - plaids and stripes even (need better pics to be sure...).  My Z's are mostly rather boring.

Cheers! Aye, I forgot to put he "full image" link in there. :D My bad, that's added now. Yeah, I always go about them thinking "okay, I'll paint those up super fast. It's zombies, all they need is a little pre-shading and a wash". When it comes to the colour of clothes though I always run out of colours, so I have to resort to patterns or stuff like that. :P I also add them if I feel like it fits the figure's character.

But really, zombies usually require very little attention to detail overall. they just have to be there, look like they're many and like they're scary. ;)

Offline tancrede

• Scientist
    • Studio Caillou
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2020, 09:48:10 PM »
I rarely post something, but I always take a look at your work, sir ! ^^
And it will certainly be a real joy to play with this HQ set. 

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2020, 09:00:35 AM »
I rarely post something, but I always take a look at your work, sir ! ^^
And it will certainly be a real joy to play with this HQ set.

That's too kind of you. :D I hope it will be! Varnishing these chaps was a bit of an adventure, given how varnishes usually mess up metallics. Some I varnished between painting steps, on others I masked off the metallic parts and varnished the rest.

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2020, 10:45:45 AM »
Excellent work! All of them. Beautiful set. The modern zombies look great, too.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2020, 05:09:49 PM »
@Peithetairos: Thanks very much! :)

So the latest HQ set arrived home by now, and I received this lovely picture earlier today:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_11/363987194_alldone.jpg.7b17b431bd1919a6473a96d03ec779d9.jpg

Isn't that nice. :)