Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690930
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Black Army Update: Now have a caster for the Euzkadi  (Read 10939 times)

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Black Army Update: Now have a caster for the Euzkadi
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 04:43:20 AM »
Any word on when this will be out?
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »
Bandit -

I am still awaiting some sign of life from the caster, who has not been returning my emails... However, the mold was supposed to be finished as of this week (actually, earlier, but that's another story.) I plan to have around forty Euzkadis cast in the initial run. Price should be (about) 20 to 25 dollars.

Essentially the new technology they're using to cast these requires filling any internal cavities in the master with resin (or another hard substance), as any cavities could cause the model to -implode- during the casting process. This has added to processing time. The future masters will be solid, so shouldn't have the issue.

-Doc

UPDATE to the above:

I should have a small number coming in next week (possibly). When I know more I'll post here first.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:54:34 PM by Doc Twilight »

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 10:16:09 PM »
Bandit -

I am still awaiting some sign of life from the caster, who has not been returning my emails... However, the mold was supposed to be finished as of this week (actually, earlier, but that's another story.) I plan to have around forty Euzkadis cast in the initial run. Price should be (about) 20 to 25 dollars.

Essentially the new technology they're using to cast these requires filling any internal cavities in the master with resin (or another hard substance), as any cavities could cause the model to -implode- during the casting process. This has added to processing time. The future masters will be solid, so shouldn't have the issue.

-Doc

UPDATE to the above:

I should have a small number coming in next week (possibly). When I know more I'll post here first.

Ears pricked up ;D
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline potter666

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »
Can't wait!

Offline Dashetal

• Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 02:17:43 AM »
You can add me into the list for two Euzkadis. :-*

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »
I know I wouldnt mind seeing a few yank tanks to be used in mid war for ACW2.  the M2A2 "Mae West" M2A1, M1 combat car, MK VIII "liberty tank", and US ford 3-ton tank.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »
Dash -

Hopefully I'll have these things soon. I haven't had much luck raising the caster on the comm...

Moody -

I'd like to see at least some of those, too. The next vehicle planned after the release of the Erhardt is the Austro-Hungarian Romfell; the next vehicle after that isn't so sure - it may be DaVinci's tank design, it may not. Still working on bits and pieces. There have been several requests for a Garford, which I'm sure could be done, but it would require a lot of work. I'm also going to need to find a 15mm sculptor for vehicles one of these days.

-Doc
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:16:09 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 02:44:21 AM »
Well I dont think all over the my quited midwar tanks need to be made, becase there are tons of tanks that could work for the liberty tank. and the M2 serues is really easy to do, Just have a an M3 stuart chasie with diffrant turrets would work.
I guess the ford 3-ton would be the only crazy one that no one else has made but they should really easy to make/mold.

I dont know if I would get DaVinci's tank but it should work for VSF, Steam-punk fantsy, and just a crazy game of historicals.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 03:06:21 AM »
Well I dont think all over the my quited midwar tanks need to be made, becase there are tons of tanks that could work for the liberty tank. and the M2 serues is really easy to do, Just have a an M3 stuart chasie with diffrant turrets would work.
I guess the ford 3-ton would be the only crazy one that no one else has made but they should really easy to make/mold.

I dont know if I would get DaVinci's tank but it should work for VSF, Steam-punk fantsy, and just a crazy game of historicals.

Moody -

I apologize for my delayed response. Didn't see your message here.

I agree that those are some excellent vehicles. And I've had a look at the Ford 3 Ton. That will definitely go on the list:) I think there'd be a market for it, certainly.

-Doc

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 08:38:03 AM »
And dont forget it comes in 3 types to a machinegun, light gun, and tow version

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions