Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dags' Mediweevel.... Speeded painted knight 20/03  (Read 17145 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Dags' Mediweevel.... City watch 08/03
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2021, 11:52:46 AM »
Simply superb mate  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

The flesh tones are 100% spot on (along with the rest of course)  8)

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2021, 08:04:26 PM »
Absolutely amazing paint work. Love them  :-*
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »
Speed painting experiment on one of CP Models' new Templars. Wanted to see if I could get something done quickly that I'd be happy with on the table - 30 mins from primed to finish with a big brush and limited colours. Took longer for the sand on the base to dry!

Went for the Knights of St. Lazarus as I've had a soft spot for them probably as a result of being highly embarrassed and appalled  by finding the leper jokes funny that were all the rage when I was a kid

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2021, 12:06:53 PM »
Speed painting experiment on one of CP Models' new Templars. Wanted to see if I could get something done quickly that I'd be happy with on the table - 30 mins from primed to finish with a big brush and limited colours. Took longer for the sand on the base to dry!

Went for the Knights of St. Lazarus as I've had a soft spot for them probably as a result of being highly embarrassed and appalled  by finding the leper jokes funny that were all the rage when I was a kid

Superb!  :-* :-* :-*

I wasn't ware of the CP Models Templars. and most excellent dynamic sculpts they are too. Do you happen to know if they have plans to expand the range mate?

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Dags' Mediweevel.... Speeded painted knight 20/03
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2021, 01:34:32 PM »
As with most 'small' companies it will probably depend on how these do.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2021, 01:43:21 PM »
30 minutes from primed to painted?  And to that standard?  Colour me impressed.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2021, 02:44:02 PM »
As with most 'small' companies it will probably depend on how these do.

That's always the dilemma. They are beautiful sculps :-*

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2021, 03:38:14 PM »
They're of a size with Claymore, Antediluvian, Kingmaker so the (lack of) numbers aren't a worry for me, tbh: a 4 man hearthguard unit for SAGA or  a 6 figure man at arms unit for LR is doable and won't look horribly out of place 

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2021, 04:09:00 PM »
They're of a size with Claymore, Antediluvian, Kingmaker so the (lack of) numbers aren't a worry for me, tbh: a 4 man hearthguard unit for SAGA or  a 6 figure man at arms unit for LR is doable and won't look horribly out of place

Unfortunately my normal habit is to avoid skirmish size armies. Also, the early armours might not fit so well with the the Claymore and Kingmaker stuff with there being a hundred years of military technology in between the ranges; though, I did notice that Andy had produced some (early) Islemen in the Antediluvian range.

EDIT: I do have a few skirmish forces but I'm generally more into larger style games :)

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2021, 04:25:06 PM »
Horses for courses mate and it would be very boring if we all liked/wanted the same things  8)

I said right at the start, on page 1, that this wouldn't be a strictly historical project but rather minis that I liked. Because of the amount of commission painting I do I'll never be able to finish a big army for myself and, if I'm honest, fun games (and no one could honestly call SAGA or Lion Rampant historical simulations) are more my cup of tea. If a unit doesn't, historically, fit with the rest I won't lose any sleep over it  ;D

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2021, 05:17:50 PM »
Horses for courses mate and it would be very boring if we all liked/wanted the same things  8)

I said right at the start, on page 1, that this wouldn't be a strictly historical project but rather minis that I liked. Because of the amount of commission painting I do I'll never be able to finish a big army for myself and, if I'm honest, fun games (and no one could honestly call SAGA or Lion Rampant historical simulations) are more my cup of tea. If a unit doesn't, historically, fit with the rest I won't lose any sleep over it  ;D

That's fine, of course it's horses for courses.  It wasn't in any way a form of criticism mate. I was just speculating on the CP Templars and hoping for the range to expand. That's all i was getting at really :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2021, 05:19:31 PM »

That's fine, of course it's horses for courses.  It wasn't in any way a form of criticism mate. I was just speculating on the CP Templars and hoping for the range to expand. That's all I was getting at really :)

I have always been a bit of a stickler, some would say stick in the mud, when it comes to armours etc

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2021, 05:52:50 PM »
It wasn't in any way a form of criticism mate.

Never, for one moment, thought it was  8)

Just thought ig might be time to, try and, explain my random and eclectic additions to this thread especially for those who haven't 'suffered' from the start  ;)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2021, 05:57:51 PM »
Never, for one moment, thought it was  8)

Cool  8)

Just thought ig might be time to, try and, explain my random and eclectic additions to this thread especially for those who haven't 'suffered' from the start  ;)

And a damn fine thread it is Dags  8)

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2021, 03:16:53 PM »
Brilliant brushwork!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper