Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:08:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690315
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 569
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Barkskins - new TV series.  (Read 8944 times)

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Barkskins - new TV series.
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
good ending the the season...

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2020, 02:54:48 PM »
Hi, I have just finished Barkskins and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was slow to start and the accent thing (I felt) was a wee bit muddled but overall it had a good feel about it and David Thewlis is always worth watching so a very strong 7 out of 10.

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2020, 03:01:48 PM »
I'm going to lay back and look at the last 2 episodes tonight.
Mark

Offline Radar

• Librarian
    • KeepYourPowderDry
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2020, 10:20:19 AM »
For those of us in the UK it premiers 4th August on National Geographic (on Sky etc)
www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk gaming the British Civil Wars in 15mm, and home of the ECW travelogue - dreadful painting, mediocre prose

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2020, 10:48:44 AM »
For those of us in the UK it premiers 4th August on National Geographic (on Sky etc)

Excellent - thank you Radar.

In the UK, National Geographic is now a channel within the new Disney+ streaming platform. Are you saying it will be on Sky as well? Not sure Sky carries NG any more since Disney took it into its stable of media brands? Thanks :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »

In the UK, National Geographic is now a channel within the new Disney+ streaming platform. Are you saying it will be on Sky as well? Not sure Sky carries NG any more since Disney took it into its stable of media brands? Thanks :)

Damn it! I got rid of Sky and Amazon...... :(

Hopefully it may one day hit Netflix  ???

Offline Radar

• Librarian
    • KeepYourPowderDry
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2020, 01:42:44 PM »

NAT Geo HD is still on Sky channel 129

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »
NAT Geo HD is still on Sky channel 129

It's a bit of a shame that I got rid of Sky when I did but I've got the (very strange) test series to watch on NowTV so I'll live for the time being (that would be cricket to the rest of the world) :)

Offline zebcook

• Librarian
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2020, 02:27:57 AM »
It's available on Hulu here in the States.

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2020, 01:57:03 PM »
Just a reminder- the first two episodes on National Geographic UK this Tuesday 4th August .

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2020, 03:54:53 PM »
Just a reminder- the first two episodes on National Geographic UK this Tuesday 4th August .

Is Nat. Geo, free in the UK?

I've just looked at their terms of service and whilst not explicitly saying their is a charge they do say "they reserve the right to make a surcharge"!

(I did notice that they are owned by Fox!)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »

Thanks for the reminder. I watched the first two episodes. Thought it was great - beautiful to look at, very atmospheric and well acted. Loved the sense of the otherworldly that pervaded the whole thing. It's more like a thriller than a period piece, although the period detail felt well done to me. A LOT better than Jamestown, and much more interesting.
David Thewlis has made a career out of playing oddballs and mavericks, and he excelled himself in this. Very interested to see where it goes from here.
The only drawback is, in these days of streaming I'm so used to watching entire series on demand and at my leisure in two or three sittings, it's positively frustrating to have to wait a whole week for the next episode(s).
Ah, first world problems... ;)

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2020, 05:50:49 PM »
I hope we get a second season.I thought it was very good.
Mark

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2020, 05:07:22 PM »
I thought I was going to have to miss the first 2 episodes on Monday, as I hadn't quite caught up with which channels I had gained by adding BT TV into the deal when getting fibre broadband after increasing exasperation at the slow rate of our broadband. So, it was only a few hours before it started that I discovered we had National Geographic channel. Watched the first two and thoroughly enjoyed them, great cast and superb settings and a potential source for some nice ideas for skirmish games.

I very much liked the Hudson's Bay Company man's character, and his Indian chum is rather "cool" - I was trying to figure out where I knew him from throughout most of the first episode, then I twigged it, he plays Pierce Brosnan's charecter's younger version's adoptive Comanche father in "The Son", which is just great  8)

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »
I've just watched the first episode, I quite enjoyed it, I'll be watching more.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.