Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690928
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Judge Dredd Solo AAR First time Try Out  (Read 839 times)

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
Judge Dredd Solo AAR First time Try Out
« on: May 02, 2020, 08:39:29 AM »
New blog post and it's a solo AAR tryout of the new Warlord Judge Dredd miniatures game. Plenty of pictures on the blog:

https://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com/2020/05/judge-down-at-june-cash-judge-dredd.html

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:57:04 AM by Abwehrschlacht »

Offline telemachus

• Assistant
Re: Judge Dredd Solo AAR First time Try Out
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 09:29:37 AM »
Great setup!

I share your interest in the day to day gritty side of Dredd. We started modifying the No Go Zone so we could play a crime control game across a 4x4 board with lots of the the minutae of MC1 thrown in as random elements meaning to dig it out and have another go.

Haven't played the new rules yet, did you ever play the previous Mongoose version?

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 10:28:32 AM »
Cheers! I'll check those rules out and see if there's anything I can lift from them myself.

I played it once, but cannot for the life of me remember how it played. I have a copy of it here, so I should see what the differences are, really.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 10:01:41 AM »
Nice report. The Mongoose rules were a bit all over the place but, weirdly enough, seemed to be true to their source material more often than not and gave satisfying games.

The games I've had with the Warlord rules have been less so. I blathered on about this in a post a few weeks ago but essentially I think the problem is in the points system as I like the way the game itself works and quite enjoy Strontium Dog rules.

Very interested to see where your search for rules that work for your needs takes you.

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 01:26:03 PM »
Cheers buddy. As I said, only played them once and can't really remember much about them at all. Could you not just get rid of the points system?

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 11:54:56 PM »
Yeah, that might be the way to go, but have to have some other mechanism for balancing out games. AM leaning towards revising it at the moment but will see once we get back into gaming. Whenever that may be.