Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warzone miniatures  (Read 8080 times)

Offline KeyanSark

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead for the Lead Mountain!
    • http://www.loresdelsith.net
Warzone miniatures
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:38:14 AM »
Hi all...

It seems that the old Warzone miniature are availiable again:

http://www.princeaugust.ie/target_games/index.html
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Keyan Sark - Coordinador de SithNET
SithNET - http://www.loresdelsith.net
TT - http://talisman.foro.st
http://displacedminiatures.com/keyansark
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:55:16 AM »
it seems that is old stock and new cast. They have some "rare" items.
* Miniatures diary at aleaminiatures.blogspot.fr/
* Flags banners blog at  https://flagspennonsandbanners.blogspot.com/
* My Other blog on Helmets : attenti

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 03:47:15 PM »
After the game failed to achieve success for any company it end up now at Prince August...
When you look in their forum you can read they're selling the remaining stock of Target Games (it's a miracle to me how they got hold of it after such a long time) and will only re-cast the figures if they're economical successful (but they won't! This game never brought some company luck! So hurry up and get the figures you're still missing!).
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline KeyanSark

• Mad Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 07:33:46 AM »
That's what I did!!  :mrgreen:

But it seems that Fantasy Flight Games is preparing a Collectible Miniatures Games based in Warzone, and there is a film in production now... Maybe the franchise is not completely dead.

Offline Jase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 08:25:58 AM »
The movie is in post production atm, but afaik it doesn'y really follow the official fluff.

http://www.mutantchroniclesthemovie.com

How can Prince August make new casts? Rumour has it that all the moulds were destroyed when Excelsior went bankrupt.

• Mad Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »
Quote from: "Jase"
How can Prince August make new casts?

Prince Augusts main business is producing moulds. ;-)

And I don't believe much in such rumours.
A liquidator wouldn't destroy moulds that are worth thousands of dollars as longs as he could make some pennies with selling them.
Citadel also said all their old moulds are destroyed and now they are selling some of these "lost" figures as "collector miniatures".

Offline Green_Knight

• Librarian
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 12:19:58 PM »
Price August sells off old target games stuff.

I'm in Warzone and Chronopia for years and the
stuff you get from PA is packed in the old target
blisters and boxes you even didn't get when excelsior
sold the stuff from 2000-2005.

FFLG wants to do a CCMG from it, but i'm very disappointed
that i will be 54mm. That means even if i get
some of the miniatures i have to build all terrain anew.

Sadly i see Warzone getting a Plastic-Tombstone.......
-----------------------------------------------------
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Offline Jase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 06:13:40 PM »
Any news yet on the release date of FFG?

Offline Terrible Tim

• Scientist
    • The Wargamer
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:54:47 AM »
I loved Warzone, it was a great game. It was a real shame when they stop producing it.

Prince August's price seems a little expensive. What do you think? The rules books they are selling look like second addition. Target also made a third addition rules, which is all the second addition in a thick hard back book. Oh well, another good game dies and goes to gaming heaven...lets hope the movies gets the game in full production again.

TT.
...Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen....

Blog: www.the-wargamer.com

• Mad Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »
Quote from: "Terrible Tim"
Prince August's price seems a little expensive. What do you think?

Absolutely NOT! When I compare the Prince August Euro-prices to the old DeutschMark-prices it is only the half today! When you calculate the price per miniature they're even cheaper than most companies today!

The rules books they are selling look like second addition.

The basic game is 2nd edition (which is IMHO inferior to the 1st edition), right. The expansions are still from the 1st edition, I think.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 11:16:55 AM »
Quote from: "WitchfinderGeneral"
The basic game is 2nd edition (which is IMHO inferior to the 1st edition), right. The expansions are still from the 1st edition, I think.

Really? What exactly did you prefer in the first edition?

I actually liked that it was rather more detailed, in that you had great leeway with single models activities; on the other hand, the character and equipment system was seriously flawed if played in anything else than a very friendly game environment. 2Ed was very restrictive in that, being more of a "Battle" Game than the RPG/Commando style of 1ed.

IŽd really like to get some more opinions on that issue.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:56 PM »
Quote from: "Westfalia Chris"

I actually liked that it was rather more detailed, in that you had great leeway with single models activities; on the other hand, the character and equipment system was seriously flawed if played in anything else than a very friendly game environment. 2Ed was very restrictive in that, being more of a "Battle" Game than the RPG/Commando style of 1ed.

IŽd really like to get some more opinions on that issue.

I totally second that. Even in a friendly environment, we sometimes had to tell some of the more 'competitive' players to back down from some of the 'boosts' they'd made for their characters.

2nd Edition was/is easier to play larger battles with (we often substituted single-model activation with unit activation - also in terms of 'Wait').

I have Warzone Ult. Ed. but haven't found the time nor the energy to plough through it yet....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

• Mad Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 03:20:07 PM »
I thought of Warzone always as a skirmish game. I never thought about fighting mass-battles (all the 40k people were into that and I wanted to get away from that). And I loved all the possibilities you had with the different equipment options.

Also I didn't understand why they made of 1 good book 3 not that good books.
The Chronicles book was only recycled artwork from the 1st edition without more or any new background information.
The Rules book included all the information from the 1st edition supplements which is a good thing but it was all black/white which looked very boring, especially at the diagrams.
The Forces book was a total mess, glutted with pictures of minis (1st edition though most of them were to be replaced with new versions around that time) and different background colours the layout was a pain. And don't forget the bad new equipment rules.
And I think the books were much more difficult to read because they replaced the serif font with a somewhat smaller sans-serif font.

I think there were never many Warzone gamers around. With the new version they failed to attract the usal 40k consumers. And trying to force the existing gamers to buy for 140 Mark rules that were changed to the worse plus a bunch of plastic figures they don't need killed the game.
Very sad because Warzone had some of the best skirmish rules ever and the background had almost boundless possibilities.

Offline KeyanSark

• Mad Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »
I never knew too much about the game, so your comments are very interesting to me. What I have seen so far brings me fond memories of the old Rogue Trader days, when all miniatures were metal, all poses were more or less the same, all guys were bulky and ugly, but games were really fun skirmishes in an universe really open and full of possibilities.

These miniatures look "retro" now to me, and that's why I acquired some just to paint them and add to the (c) Lead Mountain... Those were fun times.

• Mad Scientist
Warzone miniatures
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 04:05:47 PM »
Quote from: "KeyanSark"
when all miniatures were metal, all poses were more or less the same, all guys were bulky and ugly

This were the times when only REAL MEN could do conversions and scratchbuilds!
Today, with all those plastic kits, every child can assemble his own "converted" figure.