Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SYW Skirmish Pics  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Re: SYW Skirmish Pics
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 12:30:52 AM »
Thanks all. Those are the other pics that turned out ok. I wish my photography skills were better than they are...  :?

Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline JohnFoA

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2020, 11:06:48 AM »
I, for one, am glad your photography skills are not brilliant otherwise they would put my figures to shame even more!

Nothing further original to add.  Just like them very much. 

As an aside with suitable movement tray would/could they be used in larger scale battles?  What to you uses for 7YW skirmish rules?

Thanks for sharing.

John
On the balance the helicopter gunship is also mightier than the sword

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2020, 04:30:44 PM »
I, for one, am glad your photography skills are not brilliant otherwise they would put my figures to shame even more!

Nothing further original to add.  Just like them very much. 

As an aside with suitable movement tray would/could they be used in larger scale battles?  What to you uses for 7YW skirmish rules?

Thanks for sharing.

John

Thanks!

I'm going to do 28mm skirmish and 15mm Big Battalions for the SYW. I miss gaming in 15mm, and with the amount of time it takes me to do one 28mm model with all the buttons, trim, kit, and lace I can't imagine how long it would take me to build a viable 28mm army.

As for Skirmish rules, we're using my 'All Periods" Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages rules. It's in Period 2 - Early Modern and we picked the reference year as 1760 for our uniforms and kit. You can find the rules at www.brinkofbattle.com in the Where To Buy tab at the top of the page, if you're interested.

I'm 80% finished on a full expansion of the BoB rules to specifically cover SYW in all theaters of battle. I'll keep you posted when we get closer to publication on that.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2020, 06:46:41 PM »
Bought those rules when they first came out but never played them - just too small a scale of a game for me.  I like larger battles, even my skirmish games have a couple of hundred figures in them.  Nice to hear of someone using them.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 04:57:56 AM »
Yes, they are man-to-man skirmishes a la Mordheim/Necromunda but with more robust rules that better represent historical fighting.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 05:13:31 AM »
Starting up on Austro-Hungarian Hadik's Hussars Major Karlo Kovacs the Killer Croat!

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 01:47:48 AM »
Been on a writing binge for some new skirmish rules I'll be publishing this year and next, so forgive the absence of updates on this project.  :D

Here's my next SYW paint project to fill out a skirmish force of British Hanoverians. Beginning with some 3rd Batallion Legion Brittannique grunts.