Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Russian Diary  (Read 14738 times)

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
Re: My Russian Diary
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 07:44:36 AM »
Ah, looks like I forgot to put it in the description under the picture!
I got those mono bikes from 1st Corps!

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 11:00:31 PM »
Ah, looks like I forgot to put it in the description under the picture!
I got those mono bikes from 1st Corps!

No worries! But thank you for the heads up!  :D

Either way, looking forward to updates of this thread!  :)
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 07:23:22 PM »
Thanks for the comments again, and sorry for the massive delay!

For the last ~3 weeks I took a break from bringing up new miniatures, because I decided to go back to what I had already posted here and add details, like highlights.
The original plan had been to do the whole army quick and dirty, to get it to a well size. But with that much time on my hands I decided that I do it all again.

I hope that I can get better pictures (of my new miniatures, with the new details) soon.

First up some medical orderly! The two on the left are once more former Germans, slightly modified with greenstuff, and a simple head swap.
The one on the right is the female medic from Warlord Games.

Then I finished some true heroes of the motherland! Ready to hunt tanks.
All from Warlord Games, second from the left a modified SS model, and the one right next to him a modified Fallschirmjäger.
Almost every model upgraded with some German parts (like the arms).

And the last one this week is my new pulp hero, straight out of Metal Gear Solid V!
A young, Russian Big Boss fighting the fascists in World War 2.
Grenade fragment embedded in his head, and the left arm replaced by a prosthetic. Armed with a bayonet and a battle axe for those stealth take downs, and one of my precious PPS 43.
On his back he carries a encrypted radio!

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »
Over the last week, and the weekend I could finish a bunch of vehicles for 28mm wargaming.
Some I already had started for a while and even used (just with base colors on), but was now able to finally finish off as well.

First up two simple GAZ AA trucks from Rubicon I use in Bolt Action for transport or in Chain of Command as pretty fancy JOP.

Also for transport, but of some more specialized small teams, or officers the Willys (from Rubicon as well).
I did go a little over board with the bits and pieces to make it a little more special. Who knows maybe they got that little thing from the British while fighting with them alongside in Iran.
Driver and passenger have been slightly modified with heads and weapons from my Wargames Factory box. Warlord Games pieces would just be too big and bulky for Rubicon bodies.

[/url]
Simple and straight forward BA-10 from Warlord Games.

And a BM- 13 Katyusha to strike fear into the enemies heart and sometimes even hit ... on a 6.
The multiple rocket launcher was a pain in the rear to build and paint.

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 12:00:18 PM »

After all those vehicles from last week, I wanted to go back to some infantry, and especially some pulp!
So I slightly modified the Thomas Wayne Batman from Knight Models into a Wartime Batman.
Equipping him with a ushanka, some magazine pouches and a liberated MP40.

I tried to stick close to the design of the Batman from the Red Son animated movie (Earth- 30).

And some more normal soviet scouts from Artizan Desing.

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 09:27:46 AM »

A SMG platoon made up from Warlord Games, and Bad Squiddo.
I only modified the pants of the female soldier, and female NCO to resemble (once more) the wider camo pants.
The male NCO received a map pouch, which of course cannot be seen on this shot.

And some loaders (for the game Battlegroup) from Peter Pig.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 11:42:16 PM »
The musicians are quite good.  :D

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »
Yeah, I really did like them a lot when I browsed the store.

But I felt hard pressed to find a fitting role, so I can bring them to the battlefield, and not just keep them on a shelf. Making them into a loader team seemed like a good choice!

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »

Chain of Command Jump Off Points for my VDV units.
The models and chutes are all from 1st Corps, the Airborne Marker is made from greenstuff.
The (former British) soldiers are slightly modified. Added a hood with greenstuff, and cut off some pockets from their smock, to make them look more like Russian camo suits. Then I cut off their heads to place some Russian tanker helmets onto them.

The parachutes are just for decoration, only the 3D printed 30+mm bases count as JOP.

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »

After playing some more Hell Let Loose again I kind of fell in love with the Thompson submachine gun, and wanted to build some models with it.
Lucky for me the Soviets did buy some, and also got a bunch delivered with the Sherman tanks!
So I checked Stoessies Heroes for some models with the right weapon and modified them a little.

Turning the one on the left in some sort of fighter behind enemy lines with a simple headswap.

The one in the middle is supposed to be a seasoned Naval officer, leaving him alone for the most part (just added some pouches on his rear).

And the one on the right became a tank crew member with once again a simple headswap, and replacing the Stg44 with some huge bolt cutters.
With the base model wearing a jump suit it was just perfect for the role.

And next up some Assault Engineers.
I did the flamethrower team in a green, instead of my usual brown camo, so they stand out from the rest of the unit.

Also added some mine dogs on smaller bases as ammunition markers for satchel charges.

Almost everything being from Warlord Games, besides the flamethrower team being Artizan Design and the one female from Bad Squiddo, which I got from the flamethrower pack. Sadly the lady holding the flamethrower itself had no body armor, so I had to split them up!

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »

With my infantry nearly being complete I do more and more vehicles for 28mm.
But still there are some officers, and characters I want to be done before the year comes to an end. So first up this week was a tank officer from Warlord Games, going hand in hand with a 15mm version from Flames of War.
I had to change the pants of the 28mm version to fit the smaller one, as this was a German officer coming with a Jagdtiger.

Then a straight forward KV- 1/ KV- 2 from Warlord Games. Not much to say here, besides that I changed the barrel of the KV- 1 version to a 1:72 85mm ZIS-S-53 L54,6.
There was no real reason for it, I just like long barrels on tanks.

And the last one for this week was a trophy SdKfz 231 (8 Rad).
I painted it in regular German camo, with all the markings, as I wanted it to look like as if the German crew did just abandon it, and the scouts took it over to use it for as long as it had ammunition and fuel. Rather then paint it in green, like it was pressed into service.

I added three holes in the armor, as the reason for why the crew did abandon it in the first place.

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 12:53:20 PM »

Female snipers of the Red Army from Peter Pig, one with a head swap (the head also being from Peter Pig).
I painted them in some blueish green, so they stick out more. Even as this might not be the best for some snipers.

Some extra motivation for the next charge!

And some tank hunter from Stoessies Heroes with a head from Warlord Games.

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 01:08:26 PM »

Another trophy vehicle for my 28mm and 15mm, the SdKfz. 247 Ausf. B from Heer46 (both versions).
Probably to be used as a proxy for a White Scout Car, for the HQ.

Two mortar teams from Peter Pig.

Offline demi_morgana

• Mad Scientist
    • Miniatures, tutorials, gallery, swearing...
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2020, 12:43:16 PM »
Going to follow this thread for sure:
I am starting Bolt Action soviets and you provide lots of inspiration! 8)

Offline Seuchenhexer

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
Thanks a lot!

I already saw your winter bunker, which was quite the inspiration as well!