Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691106
  • Total Topics: 118374
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Edit: My Front Rank Brunswickers arrived today - size question answered  (Read 1473 times)

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
Earlier this year I mentioned that Alec was doing Brunswickers - I've just been over to the FR web site and guess what? They are here. Fill your boots!

https://www.frontrank.com/

My next order is definitely adding a unit of these beauties for 7th Div (Peninsular).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:00:03 AM by olicana »

Offline schoey

• Scientist
Re: Front Rank - Black Brunswickers are here
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »
Now they are looking good, I do like Brunswickers.

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 12:04:14 PM »
They are nice figures.

Worth noting that, during the 100 Days campaign, the Bunswick light formations (of which the Leib Garde - depicted in the photos - was one) tended to favour green gloves for officers and sergeants, with only the three Line battalions having white.

Also worth noting that, despite the similarities in uniform between the 1815/Waterloo Leib Garde and the "Owls" battalion that served in the Peninsula, almost all of the veterans of the latter went into the combined Gelernte Jager/Leichtes Infantry unit, and the Leib Garde was largely composed of recruits.  Similarly, the 1815/Waterloo Hussar regiment was also composed of recruits, as the Peninsula cavalry regiment remained in British service until July 1815.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 05:10:36 PM »
They are so well sculpted!
And I like their slight variations of the same pose, this is what I'd like a unit of mine to have!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 05:13:00 PM »
Hmmm...I want to start a small Allied Peninsular division......always like the cut of these fellows.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 05:44:31 PM »

They do look really good... I wonder how they compare, in size, with their other Napoleonic figures.
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 09:29:28 PM »
They do look really good... I wonder how they compare, in size, with their other Napoleonic figures.

From all the other Front Rank  figures I have seen, I would say very consistent.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Alec uses dollies, so they should be exactly the same size as the other reinforcement pack stuff. Also, I think its only Alec that sculpts for Front Rank, so the basic style doesn't vary.

The newly designed figures in the reinforcement packs are slightly more chunky than the original listings. I have a few older figures (sergeants, sappeurs, etc.) mixed into battalions formed out of the packs and you would be hard pressed to spot the difference, especially in height. He hasn't done any Portuguese reinforcement packs yet, so I'm on old stock of those, and you can't tell one unit from another.

I've ordered a battalion of these blighters, along with four more regiments of cavalry to make it worth the postman's time, so I'll let you know when they arrive.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 05:24:25 PM »
... The newly designed figures in the reinforcement packs are slightly more chunky than the original listings... I've ordered a battalion of these blighters, along with four more regiments of cavalry to make it worth the postman's time, so I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thank you both for the replies. I'll will order a 36 figures set ASAP. I dug thru my collection and you are right. Napoleonic figures are pretty consistent in size.... I think I must have the WSS figures in mind when I write my comment. These are bigger, but, I still like them a lot.

Cheers!

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
They are absolutely the same size as figures in the other reinforcement packs and the sculpts are fantastic. So are the castings, gotta love new moulds!

Each figure comes with the choice of roll or canister to go on top of the back pack (separate castings to glue on). I don't know, did they go from roll to canister between the Peninsular and 100 Days, or vice versa, or use both throughout?

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
The canister was adopted for the Waterloo campaign; prior to that, they had greatcoats strapped to the top of the pack, like their British comrades.  That said, there was a General Order issued by Wellington in the Peninsula that led to British troops divesting themselves of their greatcoats and going without them.  Whether the non-British troops did so too, is open to question, but all Brunswick troops in "English service" - regardless of manufacturer - have had a rolled greatcoat, so......(you can always argue that it's the men's blankets, to make room for more plunder in the knapsack).

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
Super answer to that. Thanks. :)