Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690846
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 23rd Natalian Fusiliers  (Read 926 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
23rd Natalian Fusiliers
« on: May 18, 2020, 08:39:15 PM »
Here are the first four of the 23rd Regiment Natalian Fusiliers finished. 

So far we have a grenadier and his assistant and two line guardsmen. 

The 23rd was among the forces at Nakkaman fighting against the Tyranid splinter fleet Ikuchi.  While Commander Frochelm was leading the expedition to route the main force of Tyranids the 23rd was left behind to secure the drop zone and lay out a more substantial landing zone for reinforcements. 

A force of genestealers had concealed themselves and waited until Frochelm was past before springing into action and attacking the 23rd now scattered over the drop zone.

Despite inflicting massive casualties on the genestealers over the open plain the Tyranid force was just too numerous for the severely overmatched guardsmen and much of the force died on the plain.

A few managed to retreat to a dropped defensive position and with the garrison there they repelled wave after wave of genestealer attacks.

Eventually the last of the genestealers did get in among the defenders and a desperate hand-to-hand combat ensued.  The garrison fighting with bayonet and clubbed lasgun against the alien monstrosities.

Impossibly the guard held and destroyed the attackers with no less than nice of the Tyranid organisms inside the walls of the defensive position when the fight ended.

Celebrated for their heroism and tenacity in a fight that would have been difficult even for a force of Astartes, the force was quickly relieved by Forchelm when he realized what happened. 

The 23rd were celebrated for their achievement throughout the system and after wiping out the genestealer force the Tyranids were weakened to the point where Imperial forces could isolate groups of the xenos and eliminate them.

After the war ended and the planet was declared cleansed the 23rd were the first to be evacuated to their homeworld of Natalia.  The troops have been resting, re-supplying and recruiting to replace their loses.  The people of Natalia are pleased with the reputation their soldiers have earned and the relief of tithes a grateful Imperium has allotted them. 

The individual survivors of the 23rd are treated as celebrities on the planet.  Rumours abound though among traders to the world of strange doings and these have caught the eye of Inquisitor Resnack who wonders if the men of the 23rd have brought something home with them besides PTSD. 

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: 23rd Natalian Fusiliers
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 08:55:24 PM »
Nice work and backstory on those minis  :)
The sooner that Inquisitor visits the better I feel  ;) :)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 03:08:17 AM »
Typical inquisitor.   You save a planet and all they can think about is how you might have changed and why most of you are wearing masks...

Nice start to your force.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 12:36:18 AM »
Here are the last of the guys for now. 

We have a sergeant, a coms guy and another fusilier.  This rounds out the squad for now.  These were all the IG troopers that I found when I was looking for Orks.  I have some painted as traitor guardsmen but next to the Blackstone Fortress traitor guard they look a little weak.  They will probably get some heads taken off and replaced with the GSC heads I have left. 

Some will just be wearing their helmets looking totally normal.  I'll repaint them in the same paint scheme.  Ideally there will be an under strength platoon of about 19 and then I'll get some more command minis. 

But for now that is going to be it.  I'll probably use some of them in the Inquisitor game I'm working on as part of a GSC force.  I'm looking at doing a narrative campaign with these guys at some point.  It will probably be a three or four way game with either one or two inquisitors, a tech-priest and the GSC. 

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 09:45:56 AM »
Nice additions  :)