Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Legion and Imperial Assault- what figures work?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Legion and Imperial Assault- what figures work?
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:18:11 PM »
There are so many cool Legion figures out there now, but I can't be the only one who is not keen on the size differences between the Legion miniatures and existing Imperial Assault and WotC bodies?

Thay being said, it sounds like some of the figures work ok together. I've heard that the Legion droids are quite compatible size-wise with Imperial Assault.

I was wondering if people would share any other figures from the Legion range that they think work ok with the more 28mm sized Imperial Assault range?

Thank you

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Re: Legion and Imperial Assault- what figures work?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 08:55:58 PM »
none >:(

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 09:09:31 PM »
Noooooooo!

Offline Damas

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Re-enactor, modeller, stooge
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 10:26:04 PM »
none >:(

Yup.  I'm Legion through and through as I never got into the WOTC and missed IA so I will happily wave the flag for Legion. I'd say that some of the droids and characters from IA can be brought into Legion but I think Legion to IA stands out too much with giant stormies and such.  :-I
"Old gamers don't die, they just smell like that."

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 11:31:46 PM »
I have the core Imperial Assault box, unopend and not used. I have looked at the miniautures when I bought it, at the time I planeed to use the miniatures for a homebrew Star Wars miniatures game, but never got around to it. The, a few weeks, late to the show, I got in to Legions, and I love it. I have been buying what ever I can get my hands on for the four factions (yeah, I started out with Imperials, but now have all four of them).
Size wise, if not in a true miniature game, I would say that they dont really fit. But, i dont have the droids from IA, only the core set (whitch I plan to sell), but I will check the IA droids out, any suggestions to what expansions I should look for would be most welcome, I want them for general flavour as terrain features.
I get that most of the people that bought a lot of IA stuff are a bit disapointed, so was I, but then, the stuff that FFG are realeasing now is so great and berautiful I dont mind.
I did however buy the crew from Rebels, and I dont care if there is a slight size difference, I want to have them as proxy troops or heroes for Legion!
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 11:44:06 PM »
I started with IA but my brother has dragged me into legion very few work in both

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 10:31:26 AM »
Some work indeed together.

See here: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html
Scroll a bit down to "Scale Comparison"
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 09:33:22 PM »
Useful, thanks.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 10:34:20 PM »
The main issue is of course that the Star Wars: Imperial Assault miniatures are a bit smaller and "thinner" than the Star Wars: Legion miniatures.
I went a head and opend my IA box and took some minis out to compare and they are not really compatible.
I will however, as stated allready, use my AI Ghost Crew with Legion since they are too cool to not to use. We might or might not see a Legion expansion with the characters from the Ghost in Legion, but until we do, they will have to do. I wonder, anyone have the names for the Droid expansions from IA? I will look for them on eBay. I like to use them as terrain flavour on my gaming table. Any hints of names would be welcome.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 08:51:11 AM »
Thank you, have shared to my local club
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)