Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord and Perry 8th Army And DAK interchangeably?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
Warlord and Perry 8th Army And DAK interchangeably?
« on: April 29, 2020, 09:25:08 AM »
I’ve seen the discussions and comparison pictures with Warlord and Perry 8th Army and DAK miniatures.

However, I’m wondering if anyone has tried using Warlord heads and weapons arms on the Perry miniatures?

(Or vice versa)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Re: Warlord and Perry 8th Army And DAK interchangeably?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 10:02:42 AM »
I Have both, I can take a picture if you want, not sure if the warlord arms would look good on perry?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 10:08:22 AM »
I haven’t tried it, but I don’t think they would go.
The Perry plastics are exquisite, ‘true 1/56’ (i.e. titchy) more or less realistic proportion, scale model people.
The Warlord plastics are their usual exaggerated, chunky, ‘Commando comic / War Picture Library’ style, heroic stature 28mm. Substantially larger and in a totally different style.
I’m sure you could kitbash them together. I think they’d probably look somewhat weird though...

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 03:05:02 PM »
No, they won't mix well together. Bits of kit like shovels and magazine pouches perhaps. Just not any body parts - as the Warlord pieces are far too oversized to fit the Perry's. If you're looking for a kit which would work with the Perry's then Wargames Factory's German set does.

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »
Thanks all.

I was kind of hoping that maybe the heads and arms (with the larger weapons) from Warlord might work to add to the Perry figures to ale the Perry figures more able to mix in with the Warlord figures I have to give more poses.

(I did add Victrix Macedonian Successor heads to the Warlord ancient Greeks (former Immortal Plastics) as the latters’ Heads were undersized (realistic proportions) and would not mix with any other makes).

@Captain Blood - I have a lot of Commando and War Picture Library comics. I should dig some out - the newer oversized compilations are somewhat on my bookshelf (not enough room for all) and some of the artists over the decades were very good at realistic proportions but I regret they were often uncredited but you’re right that some of , especially newer artists for Commando, are not that good at proportions.

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 04:37:40 PM »
UPDATE

So I happened to find an eBay seller in Canada that had most of a Perry 8th Army box for sale for a decent price.

Just got them yesterday and they are 25mm.

The rifles match up to Warlord. The heads are tiny and the headgear about 1/2 the size of Warlord!

They are nice figures and I had read about the Perry brothers stating they made their figures to the scale of the vehicles (1/56) being made.

That makes sense. Especially as the Warlord/Artizan/Crusader miniatures work best with 1/48 and 1/50 scale vehicles.

I'll try to fit a Warlord head on and see how that looks. The arms, while slighter, are pretty close to the same length. The body, especially with the base (far better than Warlord not using a base!) is about the same height.

If Perry made a full catalogue of 1/56 WW2 plastic boxed sets, they'd be awesome for use with Italeri and Rubicon vehicles!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »
Indeed. Now they’ve done the US infantry set, ostensibly for Operation Torch / Italy, but actually usable for the European theatre generally, I reckon it’s only a matter of time before they produce a generic WWII German infantry set, and possibly British, Russian etc.

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 02:48:47 AM »
Indeed. Now they’ve done the US infantry set, ostensibly for Operation Torch / Italy, but actually usable for the European theatre generally, I reckon it’s only a matter of time before they produce a generic WWII German infantry set, and possibly British, Russian etc.

I definitely think they should.  I doubt their WW2 sets have been money losers.

They must have had some type of agreement with Warlord as they each avoided the others’ theatres of war (with plastic) for years.

On this topic, I really like the Plastic Soldier Company 28mm Russians.  Especially the arty and support weapons. 

They never did respond to queries about their other sets being made in that scale.