Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Blogger Image Issues  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Unlucky General

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
New Blogger Image Issues
« on: May 31, 2020, 03:58:36 AM »
Comrades,

I have just posted a new article on my generic Unlucky General blog site using the new format Blogger which I am told will be the only format by next month. The problem is that when you click on the photos in the article and they open up in the viewer, they are too small. They have been resized somehow to be ridiculously small and not near the size of the image I uploaded.

Is anyone experiencing this and more importantly, does anyone have a work around or a fix?

FYI, these images are all saved for web using Photoshop. I've been blogging for years and have uploaded hundreds of images so I'm no novice but this is a new wrinkle I do not like and can't figure out how to overcome it?

I only work through my PC/Laptop. Hope someone has the miracle cure I'm after.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: New Blogger Image Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 04:29:25 AM »
I just gave your blog a look with my phone and had no problem seeing the photos. And they were larger when I clicked them.
I'll jump onto my PC and see if it's any different.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 05:46:57 AM »
Had a quick browse, latest post images are perfectly visible, but looking back through previous posts I would tend to agree the resize when clicked on and viewed, is considerably smaller than before

ok and visible for me, with my glasses on but definitely noticeable when compared with some other posts.

Seems to start halfway through or just with the May 12th post. maybe a default resize setting changed somewhere?

I must admit I only clicked, no licking.

google foo has millions of links about it

eg

https://www.designerblogs.com/how-to-resize-blogger-photos-automatically/

currently at the top of them. at least on my results.

but of course that might have been changed to

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 02:56:48 PM »
I tried the new blog and didn't much care for it and switched back to the legacy version - also there was no way to add a new post that I could discern (perhaps it was just a test version).  I would like to know where you saw that the change will be permanent and how it will impact older blog posts. 

Change is the most reliable of all constants but it is not always an improvement.  As in: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Hope all this does not bode ill for the future.  For certain sure, hosting the vast numbers of blogs isn't free for Google and they may feel a 'need' to make changes that won't be palatable to some of us.  We shall see.

I was able to get to enlarged images from your blog, by the way.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:24:18 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline Unlucky General

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 07:12:11 PM »
Thanks for so prompt a response.

I just now reverted to the legacy interface and tested an upload - no problem there. It's the new Blogger interface!

According to a pop-up message it will be the new default at the end of June - it's what comes up on mine.

I've even reconfigured the format to get around it. Ah, well - perhaps the old site was looking tired and needed a refresh anyway.

I'm going to re-post now - if you are interested (probably already read it now) I'll pop the link on the Ancients Adventure list.

Thanks for coming to my aid. It's good to be a part of a constructive on-line community.

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 07:40:38 PM »
I'm also having issues.

How do you revert back to the legacy format?

And I thought it was all changing in June to the new format.

In late June, the new Blogger interface will become the default for all users. The legacy interface will still be available as an option. We recommend trying the new interface by clicking 'Try the new Blogger' in the left-hand navigation. Please file any critical issues encountered. Read more.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:43:36 PM by dampfpanzerwagon »

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 07:44:03 PM »
Sorry.

I've answered my own question.

Silly me.

Tony

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 07:57:53 PM »
yeah, the old version seems to work as per normal.

the joy of new and improved, default (or rather, we like it this way now, so you will to, yes. you. will  o_o)

Offline Unlucky General

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 05:23:41 AM »
I just hope (as I'm sure we all do) that the new interface iron's out the bugs before anyone makes us use it.

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 08:30:03 PM »
I tried the new blog and didn't much care for it and switched back to the legacy version - also there was no way to add a new post that I could discern (perhaps it was just a test version). 

There should be a big round + button in the bottom right corner, took me a while to notice it.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 05:09:53 PM »
I'm going to be clinging onto the old version for as long as possible. If it's possible  as has been suggested to retain the old format then I'll be happy.

The idea of not being able to post pics of mini's, games etc that can be enlarged is anathema to me. Strong language I know but it's always been the charm of using Blogger.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2020, 02:28:35 AM »
The idea of not being able to post pics of mini's, games etc that can be enlarged is anathema to me. Strong language I know but it's always been the charm of using Blogger.
That doesn't seem to be a problem now; perhaps a bit of a bug early on. Not only that, but like the legacy version, you can right click on the photo, open the image in a new tab and blow it up to get a real good look at it. :D