Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Suitable figure for 'The Mountain' in ASOIAF 28mm  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Wellington Bonaparte

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
Suitable figure for 'The Mountain' in ASOIAF 28mm
« on: June 01, 2020, 04:13:00 PM »
Hi,
I'm looking for a suitable figure to use as Gregor 'The Mountain' Clegane for my Lannister forces in my GOT/SOIAF armies. My forces are made up of Perry and fireforge plastics and I'd like him to fit in with them. I tried last night looking on the Cmon website but the Mountain figure must be a special? I think  their take on him will look to fantasy. Does anyone know of any 35-40mm late medieval fully armoured fivures out there? Thank you for any reasonable suggestions.
Stand Fast - Strike Sure -  Carry On - Bydand

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Re: Suitable figure for 'The Mountain' in ASOIAF 28mm
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:21:01 PM »
I remember Hammers on the forum here used an old GW Chaos Knight, with a headswop and some conversion work, and that ended up looking the part quite nicely! I *think* that scales in at about 32mm (or thereabouts) though, if that's not too short for you!

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 07:37:03 PM »
I've got a conversion based on some Perry figures in my plog on this site: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55740.60

Otherwise, I think you could check out V&V, they have some 40mm knights that might do the trick, if you want the figure to be huge.
https://vminiatures.com/40-mm/hundred-years-war/jean
https://vminiatures.com/40-mm/knights-40mm/english_knight

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
Heresy Miniatures "Boris"

There are now several variants including an armoured version.

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 09:22:13 PM »
Thanks guys, some nice choices there. Boris is to fanasy but fits the bill size wise. I like the 100 years war french knights william Martell is my choice. Gandalf your conversions are superb,  and I may go down that route,  not really tried to do much with green stuff might be a chance for me to do more than just furry cloaks!  I'm going to go and have a look at Hammers GOT thread as he does some great stuff, I'm going to have a look at some drawf's for a potential Tyrion.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 06:52:32 AM »
I tried last night looking on the Cmon website but the Mountain figure must be a special?
eBay has a few, both poses, sellers with em for a decent price.

Grimm

Offline Richelieu

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
Well, there is the version by Dark Sword Miniatures (https://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/george-r-r-martin-masterworks/ser-gregor-clegane-the-mountain.html), which looks quit nice. I think the CMON version is based on it, but looks less good. Not sure about how exactly he would fit with Perry stuff and the like, as the page states 28mm heroic scale. But then again, the mountain is meant to be big.

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 09:08:13 PM »
Thanks guys, having  had a good look at all those suggested, I'll go with either the 40mm from V & V really good sculpt of a HYW night would fit well but I do like the darkstar mountain, though he doesn't come cheap.
My plan is to get the cheaper resin figure first and see how he scales up against my 'normal' infantry, if it doesnt work might have to spend some more pocket money on the darkstar version. Thanks again for the suggestions

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »
I have the Dark Sword miniature, but sadly not available here, so I can't get you any size comparison pics. It is pretty huge, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the V&V figure is slightly smaller, even! Anyway, I never painted that figure, since I thought it was TOO big, and I just kitbashed a version instead.

I'm looking forward to seeing how those V&V figures look irl, so please post some pics here when you get it!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 07:06:52 AM »
I have all 3 CMON mountains if you want a size comparrison of them next to a 28mm model - but they are going to be huge as the range is 32 mm. :-)

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »
Size comparison of Dark Sword Miniatures Mountain and some Perry metals.