Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Paul's mythos blog  (Read 1424 times)

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
Paul's mythos blog
« on: June 02, 2020, 08:45:17 PM »
While replying to the recent thread about good mythos skirmish games, I had the horrifying wake up call that it had been nearly 4 years since I last posted anything in my Strange Aeons thread, so it's time to start from scratch... especially as there is a nice parcel on the way for the weekend's entertainment. In parallel I have a thread over in the general Workbench area that will be covering my , but mythos specific stuff will be covered over here instead, where it is more suited.

I tend to play 7TV as my primary game, but the occasional solo outing of Strange Aeons still occurs. My intention is to try and create new sections for my board for new 7TV cast, or special scenarios. SA contains plenty of special markers or locations that need something making and there's always inspiration from film and TV... such as this week's addition to the table after watching Nicholas Cage in The Color from Outer Space.

The joys of a hex based table is that it's so easy to slot in a new piece of terrain.

Up on the distant hill beyond the outer walls of the Winterdyne graveyard sits a lonely house...

Next to the house is a well... which is not looking so well after the meteor strike Last night. The well is now glowing and strange things are growing around it and the crater!

You really shouldn't drink from the well either. Glowing water and strange flowers don't go down too well with the locals...

The photos aren't the best as the light was getting dim and I wanted to post something. There are a few more items in the painting queue, so I'm sure they will grow over time and get a new photoshoot.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:24:44 PM by EndTransmission »

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
Re: Paul's mythos blog
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:45:46 PM »
Index
Cast:
- Colour infected

Terrain:
- Infected well
- Meteor

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:28:18 PM by EndTransmission »

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 10:29:39 AM »
Looks great!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
Thanks! The main reason for reopening a Cthulhu thread arrived this morning.

I missed out on this during the campaign and in a case of FOMO, decided not to buy it retail as I'd be missing chapters and models. I wasn't going to be paying scalper prices for the individual missing chapters or monsters and I certainly never thought I'd find someone selling their pledge at cost. But that is what happened last week while trawling ebay for some investigator models... an unopened core and unspeakable box for about £10 over the KS cost plus postage that would have been paid on it... on buy it now. It'd be rude not to quite frankly! I now need to find some time when it isn't a howling gale to undercoat them all and start painting.