Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bearwoodman's Gnomes  (Read 6794 times)

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Bearwoodman's Gnomes
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2022, 04:48:54 PM »
@Pattus Magnus: Many thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

@DeafNala: That is surely the best compliment that a thread like this could receive. Thank you.

@Blackwolf: Badgers, you say? Hmm, I think you could be right. There are Foxes, and even Swallows in the painting queue (don't hold your breath, but I will get there eventually!) but no Badgers currently. Badgers are impressive and powerful creatures, but famously proud and, I understand, rather irritable. Could they be tamed/recruited by the Gnomes? I think it will depend on whether I find a suitable model...

@Grumpy Gnome: Thank you! I really liked the figure as soon as I saw him, even though he did not really fit with the rest of my Gnome Army. His pointy hat it made it clear to me he was proudly embracing his Gnomishness, and that was enough to justify his purchase and inclusion in the Army.

@Bloggard: I think you are right, although I don't know which board game. I bought the figure for £1 at the UK Games Expo last year from a stall selling loads of different plastic figures clearly from different sources. The sculpt is very good for a board game figure in my opinion. Do you know if there are any other "Gnomes" in the same range?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2022, 05:19:34 PM »
yes there were other poses, inc. a 'boss'. I think possibly 2-3 others in total?
Might be wrong, and only the boss was different, but think there was another.

... hold on I've googled ...

do a search on Massive Darkness Dwarves and you'll see all there was - more than I thought. I had others too I now recall.

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2022, 07:38:29 AM »
Thanks Bloggard, I have found them. There are a few different figures from that game that looking interesting! I am back to the Expo this weekend so will keep my eyes open for any other suitable additions.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2022, 07:49:09 AM »
Haha, have a look at Oakbound Studio,you’ll find fae folk riding badgers (one of my favourite animals)!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.