Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Throppet Hentilagets Caper - Hooray - it’s finished...! 28.07  (Read 11921 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
“This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,--This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this Much Rampling.”

An inspiring League. I am sure I can hear the strains of "I Vow to Thee, My Country" as this intrepid and inimitable band of heroes sets forth in defence of their ancient demesne. Excuse me... (steps aside to wipe away a tear).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvouc8Qs_MI

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Steady on, Snapcase; can’t have a chap blubbing at this juncture.

I should have mentioned that although Sir Rufus appears to be armed solely with his Mk3 Bristling Moustache and a walking stick, he also carries a handy Bulldog revolver. He does own one of those tricksy, French Le Mat jobs but, as is often the case, this is currently at the gunsmiths having its delicate, continental mechanism adjusted.

Doug

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Oh, dear. Shouldn’t have said anything  : I ‘ll see what I can do; it is an appalling dad joke really  ;)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
As always, an enjoyable read! I can't wait to snatch up the accounts of the dire events about to unfold...!!  lol

Mike Demana

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
 lol lol lol

Brilliant, ya mad fools!
Just wait until Matron hears about these shenanigans, you will really be in for it!
 ;D ;D

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Oh dear ;).  I give you Morris (Oxford) Man.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
As always, an enjoyable read! I can't wait to snatch up the accounts of the dire events about to unfold...!!  lol

Mike Demana

Thanks, Mike; there will be more on this desperate enterprise later :)

lol lol lol

Brilliant, ya mad fools!
Just wait until Matron hears about these shenanigans, you will really be in for it!
 ;D ;D

:D Cheers, Paul - we'll be wary of matron's displeasure. By the way, if my creaking memory is right, those Afghans are some of your fine work; am I right?

Blackwolf - you’ve made me happier than you can imagine with that photo because I learned to drive using my dad's Morris Oxford more years ago than I care to remember. Bench seat in the front and gear change on the steering column as I recall.

Thanks for that - excellent.

Doug
ps- and a very louche pose there, Blackwolf  ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
:D Cheers, Paul - we'll be wary of matron's displeasure. By the way, if my creaking memory is right, those Afghans are some of your fine work; am I right?

They are indeed. They were Lady Baxterville's boys.
 :)

The only acceptable type of Morris man.
The others are just damn scary!
 ;D

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase

Quite brilliant! A fine figure of a Morris-Man!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Right, down to serious business; let’s not forget there’s a game to be played here.

First, Sir Rufus' League:

I’ve played a little fast and loose with the strict Pulp Alley rules here. However, since it’s a solo game, I think that’s acceptable. So, there’s two sidekicks and I’ve invented a none-standard ability for the Afghan Hounds. As well as being an unofficial addition to the rules, it also contravenes the rule which states that followers can only have 1 ability.

This is Afghan Peril and reflects some of the breeds notable characteristics. It’s effect may be beneficial or detrimental to the League the dog is part of and mainly concerns the controllability (or lack of) of the dog. More on that as the game gets under way.

Next the cultists' League.

Doug

Doug

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Haha.  Thanks for the kind words chaps, for a seriously bad pun.You lot are brilliant.   :)
Charlie the Oxford is a grand old car,I always feel like a character from an Agatha Christie novel driving him around, top whack 50 ks  :)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Sir Rufus mustn’t expect things all his own way. Here’s the opposition League:

Doug

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
They are remarkably fine cards you are using and will support your game well.

I have recently been researching the body of work that has been published over the last 250 years and it's amazing that there is so much information about Throppet Lore but the only volume still in print is the Katie Price publication. She is a bit weak on the historical aspects but is spot on with the chapters on how to feed and care for your Throppet and especially how to monetize it to the max on Facebook and there are a number of good videos, especially regarding the grooming and personal hygiene associated with the Throppet on Youtube.

This all seems remarkably facile given the known dangers of the species, I hope it don't end in tears.

A Concerned Corespondent.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
They are remarkably fine cards you are using and will support your game well.

I have recently been researching the body of work that has been published over the last 250 years and it's amazing that there is so much information about Throppet Lore but the only volume still in print is the Katie Price publication. She is a bit weak on the historical aspects but is spot on with the chapters on how to feed and care for your Throppet and especially how to monetize it to the max on Facebook and there are a number of good videos, especially regarding the grooming and personal hygiene associated with the Throppet on Youtube.

This all seems remarkably facile given the known dangers of the species, I hope it don't end in tears.

A Concerned Corespondent.

Dear Concerned Correspondent - first, I must give due credit for the character cards to the provider. He is an aristocratic gentleman, a regular frequenter of these pages and so given to modesty that I will spare him the embarrassment of actually naming him.

I also welcome your positive remarks about the Price book which has been uniformly disparaged to the neglect of its occasional valuable contributions. 

Doug

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
And now, we must move on to an actual game, which is what all this whimsical nonsense is about.

I intended this to be a small, solo game to use the cultists kindly given me by Mad Lord Snapcase and which I finally got painted. My first plan was to use a little table about 3’ x 2’ so the game could be left up for leisurely play - maybe only one or two turns a day - without taking up a lot of space in the room. But when I set it out, it was rather too small so I lengthened it to 4’ by placing one of my 4x2 mdf boards on the original table. This now gives a bit of room for manoeuvre and for the game story to develop.

Here is the board; quite simple but with enough visual appeal to keep me playing. Sir Rufus and minions have arrived near the circle and have parked their vehicles inconsiderately blocking the main Much Rampling to Nether Winslet Road. They are about to take the footpath through the fields on to the moor and up to the circle. Who knows what awaits?

The 4 black counters on the table are plot points and will move randomly each turn. Along the bottom edge are the two leagues.

Looking from the end Sir Rufus arrives from towards the stone circle.

In the background to the right can be seen what is either a large Throppet Hentilaget or, more likely, a feather duster.

Doug