Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Congola - An Occasional Project  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Congola - An Occasional Project
« on: June 10, 2020, 06:36:59 AM »
As the title says, this is a bit of an on/off project, so I won't be updating too often. I paint a few figures and then put it away until I feel like getting into Africa again. I would like to build an airfield for this game but other things are demanding my time and money at the moment (see Easy Company post on this board). I have two Tabula Rasa buildings from Knights of Dice which I want to make into the Congolan Police HQ and Interrogation Centre.

So, without further ado, I present to you from right to left; General Muangamizi Ndofa, President for Life of the People’s Republic of Congola, Colonel Koko ‘Simba’ Ndofa (so young to be a Colonel but his Dad insisted), son of the General and Mma Precious Ndofa née Ramotswe (originally from Botswana). Seen here outside Katanga House, the Presidential Palace.

A special day for the General as a BBC film crew have flown out to Congola to interview him. On the left is Austin Powers who works at the British Consulate in Congola, Moira Stuart next to Precious and on the right, General Ndofa’s Close Protection Squad. The General insists on female-only bodyguards and no-one disagrees with the General!

On the left below, we have Kitti A’Plenty bodyguard to Dr. Kananga (aka Mr. Big) and he is big! Really struggled to paint his face so photographed them from a distance! Dr. Kananga is General Ndofa’s brother-in-law and as such has been made Minister of Construction (you’ve got to keep it in the family). Dr. Kananga is siphoning off millions of dollars by awarding concessions in the building industry. Kitti’s favourite method of dispatching rival politicians and rebels is the garrotte as you can see from the photo.

I am planning three main factions plus some civilians and war reporters.

• Ndofa’s eldest son by his first wife, Kubwa Mvulana Ndofa ('Big Boy') who wants to be President. He is supported by the British who want the rights to Congolan copper mining which Kubwa has promised them. In the game, Kubwa is supported by a deniable SAS force.

• Ndofa and his forces, mainly female soldiers and three bodyguards. Couple of mercenaries perhaps, ex-Spetsnaz and Black Wasps.

• Communist guerrillas led by a rival Congolan tribe Mangbetu-Azonde, maybe supported by the Russians and Cubans. Their leader will be Mkate wa Kubanika.

This is Kubwa Mvulana Ndofa.

General Ndofa's elite regiment.

WIP on the police station. Two police guards and in the centre the expert Police Interrogator.

...more to follow, occasionally!

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Congola - An Occasional Project
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 09:44:07 AM »
Great lookings Project..Long live Congola!!

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:08:26 AM »
Great lookings Project..Long live Congola!!

Cheers!   :)

President For Life General Muangamizi Ndofa thanks you. If you are interested in investing in Congolan business opportunities, please contact Dr. Kananga at Katanga House!

Great picture, by the way.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 10:22:32 AM »
I’m damn certain some fella from Congola wanted to put a million in my bank account!

My kinda project....let’s see more!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 10:35:32 AM »
Much appreciation of an excellent project from the LAM Massif (you know what I’m talkin' about :D). Queen Hilda of Zimbotho is still waiting on an invite for a State Visit.

Doug

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 11:19:48 AM »
Your president for life is of course in dire need of an advisor - I highly recommend to hire some witch doctor for spiritual guidance!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 11:30:45 AM »
Your president for life is of course in dire need of an advisor - I highly recommend to hire some witch doctor for spiritual guidance!

WOW...,

Doug

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 01:00:56 PM »
Nice start. I will follow this with interest.