Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:05:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Strange-Aeons Rules Questiions  (Read 2908 times)

Offline loki

• Scientist
Strange-Aeons Rules Questiions
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:17:20 AM »
Hello,

after playing a few test games, we came up with a few questions:

ALERT ((page 21):

Just to get it right.
Alert is not a third free action, it is instead of the standard two actions per turn?

SNEAKY (page 50):

The text says: "...and must be placed  before any other models from either side."

As a longtime tabletop gamer this sound strange with this ability, normally such models are placed after
any other models.

Is the book correct?

We ha a lot ff fun playing and I am quite sure a few more questions will arouse  ;)

By the way which font is the Strange Aeons headliner on your webpage?

Greetings
Burkhard

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
Re: Strange-Aeons Rules Questiions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:30:26 PM »
hi loki,

that was my interprtation of 'sneaky' as well, it made more sense to us for the character to be placed afterwards rather than before,

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »
Hey Loki,

You are correct, Alert is not a third Action...in fact you don't even get to use it in your Turn but the opponents. If a model is not nominated during its Turn it is considered to be Alert. Any model that is Alert may make one Shooting attack during the opposing players Turn. And it continues as stated on page 21...

When playtesting I obsessed about Sneaky for quite a while. It has a requirement that most Lurkers can meet with ease and so can be taken by a varied number of horrible baddies. It was decided that to keep it balanced the Sneaky model would have to be placed before any other models.

Also, i don't know what the font is...The actual Strange Aeons logo was drawn up by my wonderful friend and wicked tattooer; Scott Veldhoen.

Let me know when you have more questions... 8)

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
You are correct, Alert is not a third Action...in fact you don't even get to use it in your Turn but the opponents. If a model is not nominated during its Turn it is considered to be Alert. Any model that is Alert may make one Shooting attack during the opposing players Turn. And it continues as stated on page 21...
Just to be sure, if I did an alert action, I can not be nominated this turn any more

The only chance would be with the skill Ambush.

When playtesting I obsessed about Sneaky for quite a while. It has a requirement that most Lurkers can meet with ease and so can be taken by a varied number of horrible baddies. It was decided that to keep it balanced the Sneaky model would have to be placed before any other models.
Ok understand - it makes sence for balancing.

Just to be curios a Bolt Action rifle needs a Ready Action and a Dobble Barreled Shotgun not?

Greetings
Burkhard

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:15:29 AM »
Makes sense. A bolt action rifle requires chambering of the round via the bolt and a steady aim with that lengthy rifle. A double-barrel shotgun is simply point and shoot. Though I understand what you mean in relation to reloading the gun afterward.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
Yup. What Bako said. The cost of the Double-barrel shotgun is slightly higher to reflect this. Get around the Ready action on the Bolt-Action Rifle with 'Lightning Fast' (pg.49)