Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Jonny

• Assistant
Hi everyone
« on: June 21, 2020, 04:12:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

I’ve wanted to join a forum again for a while after only using Twitter for a few years. I find the Twitter feed goes faster than I can keep up with, and I want to document my projects as coherent logs.

I hobby more than I game, I’m in my mid-30s and have been hooked on the hobby since my first taste of miniatures gaming with Heroquest as a youngster.

Over the years I’ve painted and played a good number of games, but I rarely keep hold of armies for very long. When a project is complete I usually sell it to fund more raw materials!

Currently painted in my possession I have:
- An Elven Union Blood Bowl team.
- Ironskulls Boys for Warhammer Underworlds.
- A Freeborn army for Beyond the Gates of Antares.
- A Goblin warband made up of modern GW Night Goblins and a classic metal Stone Troll that I use for Open Combat.
- A single (lonely!) Triad Retainer for Urban War.

I’m currently painting ten Oathmark human infantry and a Blood Angel Captain. One of my main motivations for joining the forum is to start a painting log for my Oathmark project. I think the Blood Angel Captain might end up lonely like the Triad Retainer!

I look forward to being part of the forum and hopefully you’ll like my contributions as and when they come.

Jonny

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 04:16:15 PM »
Welcome  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 05:36:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Twitter seems like a chaotic mess to me, I much prefer this sort of format; you get to know people a bit and it's far easier to browse and revisit favourite threads, etc. :)

Offline Jonny

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »
Thanks both  :)

Yes I think chaotic is the word! For me I think the forum will be a better format. There’s some great content on Twitter but it’s a bit ‘blink and you’ll miss it’. I don’t think I’ll come off Twitter completely because there’s some great people I follow that I’ll want to check in on from time to time, but I can’t keep up with it as a way to receive hobby content.

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 05:51:20 PM »
 :D  hey there back  :D check the gallery by author for ideas

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 01:47:42 AM »
Welcome.  There are quite a few Oathmark and Rangers of Shadow Deep threads with painted examples or links to bogs that might be of interest.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Jonny

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 06:42:28 AM »
:D  hey there back  :D check the gallery by author for ideas

Thanks for the tip, I’ll have a look!  :)

Offline Jonny

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 06:44:19 AM »
Welcome.  There are quite a few Oathmark and Rangers of Shadow Deep threads with painted examples or links to bogs that might be of interest.

I’ve had a look at lots of brilliant threads in the fantasy forum, there’s loads of inspiring stuff! 😃